five: the last goodbye

Now it was getting really hard for Aladdin to stay awake. His vision was getting clouded as realisation hit him that this was it. He was slowly slipping away into the arms of death who was standing in front of him. He couldn't have his Ammi's sheer khurma for the last time, couldn't hug his Nakchadi for the last time, couldn't assure Toli that he was their brother and he would set everything right, couldn't tell Baghdad that he wasn't a culprit, couldn't freely roam in the Bazaar eating jalebis from the fair.

Ginu's eyes were getting heavy too. A wave of bitter realisation washed over him as he thought of all the things he couldn't do. Yes, he had realised that he had his own wishes, his own happiness too. He wouldn't be able to eat his favourite samosas and Ammi's sheer khurma anymore. He wouldn't be able to irritate Aladdin anymore. He wouldn't be able to tell Gini Mini that he loved her. He wouldn't be able to do the things he wanted to; his wishes would be left unfulfilled.

Aladdin suddenly started saying,“Accha chalta hoon, duaaon mein yaad rakhna.
Mere zikr ka zubaan pe swaad rakhna. Dil ke sandookon mein, mere acche kaam rakhna.
Chitthi taaron mein bhi, mera tu salaam rakhna.” Yasmine said, teary eyed agin,“Yeh kaunsa gaana hai?” Aladdin replied,“Hai toh nahi lekin ek din banega zaroor!” This was the last upcoming song Aladdin was gonna tell them about.

Ginu said,“Wallah wallah habibi, chha gayi gareebi, aap sab ab rona bandh karenge. Jaate vakt bhi aap sab ke rote hue chahre dekhkar mujhe bohot bura lag raha hai.” Aladdin said,“Jaate jaate bhi shikayat rahe ho. Kaise kar lete ho tum yeh Ginu ji?” Ginu said,“Kaafi mushkil hai lekin kar leta hu. Lekin iska kabhi ghamand nahi kiya!” Aladdin scoffed. The others sobbed even more realising that this would be the last time they would see Aladdin and Ginu's banter.

As moments passed, it was getting difficult for Aladdin and Ginu to breathe. Their faces turned paler and their body temperature started falling. Ginu said,“Aap log ko Zafar be kuch khat (letters) diye honge. Voh humare jaane ke baad padhiyega. Thik hai?” Everyone nodded except Aladdin.

Yasmine asked Aladdin, with desperation and hope dripping from her voice,“Kuch nahi ho sakta?” Aladdin understood the meaning of her question and said,“Ab bohot der ho chuki hai Nakchadi. Kuch nahi ho sakta lekin ek kaam hai jo tum, Toli aur Ammi Ginu aur mere liye kar sakte ho.” Yasmine asked, determined to do whatever Aladdin would say,“Abbu ki begunahi saabit karna. Zafar ke asli chehre ko Baghdad ke saamne laana. Ho sake toh mera sach bhi sab ke saamne lana. Aur khush rehna.

Yasmine, Toli and Ammi nodded determined to not let Aladdin and Ginu's sacrifice go in vain. A new fire of purpose and determination burned in their eyes, to set Zafar and Zeher on fire and burn them into ashes. To bring justice to Aladdin, Ginu, Omar and Badshah Shahnawaz.

Aladdin and Ginu realised that it was time to go for them. Aladdin asked,“Aladdin-Naam Toh Yaad Rahega Na?” Yasmine replied,“Yeh naam humari puri zindagi hai, humesha yaad rahega!” The Toli said together,“Aapka aur Ginu ka naam na hi hum bhulenge aur na hi kisi ko bhulne denge.” Ammi said with pride,“Tum dono ki qurbaani hum aur Baghdad humesha yaad rakhege. Mujhe garv hai ki tum dono, Aladdin aur Ginu mere bete hai.” Aladdin closed his eyes to relish the moment, his Ammi had finally fulfilled his wish, he could happily die now.

Aladdin and Ginu closed their eyes, exhaling for the last time, going to death, greeting him like an old friend. They walked away with death towards the gate of the afterlife. While on Earth, Yasmine, Ammi and Toli sobbed painfully. Cried for the loss of two amazing sons, brothers, lovers and most importantly two wonderful people. They were cries of war. The cries of initiating the war which Zafar and Zeher were gonna lose. The war between good and evil, and the evil was gonna be finished once and for all. The good had lost too much now.

Aladdin and Ginu were welcomed into heaven, where they watched Yasmine,Ammi and the Toli, ready to pounce on Zafar. The chapter of Zafar was stretched for too long now. It was gonna end for good now. Zafar's downfall waz near and the best part, he didn't even know it. He along with his sister was happily sipping on his Shaahi Jaam, commemorating his short-lived victory, unaware of what was in store for him.

That was it for the chapter hope you liked it! I hope I did justice to the emotions portrayed in the chapter. This is the first time I wrote a death scene, so constructive criticism and feedback is welcomed. Also tell me what you'd like to see in the next chapters.

Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Now Bye!