Chapter 2: The Monster Inside Him

Damon and I drive towards his house in silence. Well he's quite I'm checking out his AMAZING car and looking in an under every nook and cranny, occasionally making comments on how awesome things are. Damon sometimes smirks or chuckles at a comment I make but never actually speaks.

"Do you ever actually talk?" I ask him, even though I fully know he can obviously talk about anything and everything from when we were talking earlier.

"No I'm a mute," he says sarcastically "of course I talk, who doesn't?" He says looking at me and not the road.

"Mute people?" I ask raising an eyebrow, he chuckles at me.

"You try to have an answer for everything don't you?" He says turning back to the road and pulling up a drive way.

"Oo, is this your house?" I close my eyes, and cover them with my hands. "I imagine your house is big and fancy and super cool and expensive!" I wait for a second as the car stops. "Are we there yet?"

"Yeah, we're here." His voice is tainted with something, he sounds like he is hungry. "You hungry? You were heading to the grill, I know I am." Something is off in his voice which makes it sound like its not food he is talking about.

"Yeah, you got any Pop Tarts? I really want some Pop Tarts right now." I say, opening my eyes an looking up at his house finally. "I'm right! It is big and fancy and expensive looking!" I grin at Damon pleased with myself.

"Yeah I think we got some Pop Tarts somewhere." We hop out of the car and walk to the front door, as Damon closes it behind us while I dump my school bag by the front door. I hear the noise of a lock click behind me and I turn to face the door and ask Damon what he is doing but he has disappeared.

"Damon? Where are you?" I ask into the house, I hear my voice echo around. This is one large house, my voice echoes at least three times before it fades away into nothing. I walk slowly into what appears to be a lounge and turn slowly.

"Your lounge is huge. Just informing you that you have a possibility of being rich." I say to no one again, in the entry way something seems to flash past and into the room across from where I am. I wander over to the room to see what went in there.

When we were younger and Elena and I actually got along, her and mom would tell me I had no danger radar and could never sense whenever I was actually in trouble. I just told them I wasn't scared of anything, which I'm not except a couple of things.

When I reach the room I notice a little bar in the corner of the room and grin. Yes! Finally some alcohol! Every where else either asks for I.D or frowns at me.

"Damon I'm drinking your alcohol!" I shout out into the empty house again, I think I'm getting rather used to it. Which probably isn't good considering him disappearing goes along with my theory of him being a rapist killer and touching his stuff isn't the best idea. I reach to the alcohol to pour my self a glass of scotch, which I love cause it makes me feel way more sophisticated than beer.

"I wouldn't touch that if I was you." I hear Damon ask from behind me. Before I reach the bottle I turn around and Damon is right there, and I mean RIGHT there and staring at my eyes. I stare at him for a second, he didn't scare me at all. Literally, like I said I just don't get scared.

"You know you could scare someone doing that." I tell him then walk to the couch a plop myself down, like it was my own couch I could sit on. Damon looks confused for a second, then a frown spreads across his sex god face. "Why the grumpy face Sexy?"

"You weren't scared? Not a little?" He asks slowly walking towards me, in a way that is almost predatory. It's a little off putting an weird but hey, who am I to talk? I'm the queen of weirdness. Around his eyes get a little darker as a menacing grin spreads across his face, and I think it might be my imagination but his canine teeth seem to be longer than normal.