Home Pt. 2

Daryl and Y/N laid in one of the hilltop house rooms, given to them by Maggie

Daryl and Y/N laid in one of the hilltop house rooms, given to them by Maggie. A tangle of limbs, Y/N lay naked on Daryl's equally naked chest. They had nothing to hide from each other. Their scars were bared towards one another a long time ago.

"Y/N?"

"Yes, Daryl?" Y/N looked up at the man as he grabbed her hand and kissed it. It's been a while since his escape, and Negan didn't know of Y/N's existence.

"You remember when you fell out of that window?" Y/N snorted at the memory and hid her red face in his chest.

"I sure do. You came jumping right after me." She responded. It was Daryl's turn to laugh, a soft rumble in the back of his throat.

"Well, you fell onto the concrete and nearly broke your ass, and you were bleeding all over the place. I rushed you out to the hospital. You remember that?" Oh, Y/N remembered. It was before the apocalypse, before the world went to shit and before they lost each other.

"Yes, I do." She said, looking back into his ocean eyes. Daryl smiled down at her with a grin.

"Well, there was something I never told you about that night..." Daryl rasped. He ran a hand through his lover's hair gently and smiled.

"What didn't you tell me?" She chuckled, getting into her elbows to look at him more closely.

"While you were sitting in the backseat smoking a cigarette you thought was gonna be your last," his words were broken up with another laugh. "I was falling deep, deeply in love with you. And I never told you until just now." He confessed softly. She could tell he struggled slightly with getting it out, thinking on how to get the words out.

"Awww." She cooed, leaning forward to capture his lips into her own.

"I love you too, Daryl. Always have and always will." She told him firmly. Daryl smiled with soft tears in his eyes at the memory. The two sat up and hugged each other, breathing in and kissing once more.

"I fell in love with you the day I came home from the hospital. You and Merle were so careful with me. The way you looked at me and the way I look at you... it was a dream come true. I'm glad I get to spend the rest of my life with you. Even if it's in the apocalypse, I couldn't ask for a better partner." She told him softly, placing a kiss on his shoulder.

Daryl smiled and turned to her, cupping Y/N's face into his hands and moving her hair away from her eyes.

"Then marry me."

"What?" She asked in shock. Daryl didn't seem like the marrying type. Throughout their relationship, they never talked about it.

"Let's get married." He clarified. A smile broke out onto Y/N's lips at the proposal. She nodded her head frantically and hugged him tightly.

"Of course I'll marry you!" She laughed, pulling him into another kiss.
Daryl got out of bed quickly, leaving a confused Y/N as he looked through his vest.

"I have this. I- I was afraid that you'd say no, but... I found it at a jewelry shop. Hopefully, it fits." He handed her a ring with beautiful diamonds, and he had a simple band.

"You really thought this out, huh?" Daryl nodded shyly and slipped int into her finger. It was a nearly perfect match.

"Mrs. Dixon." She said breathlessly. She had to admit, she's thought about this for a very long time, and now it was here.

"Forever."