Chapter 3 - So We Meet Again

As I park in my new regular spot, I stay in the car for a moment, reading more texts and just scrolling through some social media. Once I checked all my messages, I start to open my door. But I close it straight away as I see a familiar face get out of their own car.

Are you fucking kidding me right now.

I cannot believe that the same guy that was at the store is now walking into my building.

Either I'm the most unlucky, or the luckiest person on earth.

As he walks in, I too get out of my car, and start to walk into the building. I scan the lobby, and sure enough I find him waiting for the elevator in the far part of the room.

I walk up to him, courageously might I add, and say, "Hi." which is probably the least words anyone has spoken to someone before.

"Well hello stranger," He says turning and smiling. His teeth literally shine. "Long time no see."

I actually calm down. "Yeah..." Never mind, my heart speeds up at my stupid response.

He turns his body towards me and sticks out his hand. "Hugh Grant. Lovely to meet you..?"

"Lucille" I say. "Um Lucille Devos."

He flashes a quick smile again. The elevator rings, and the doors start to open. Oh god, I didn't think about this. We're going to have to awkwardly stand in the elevator too.

"Which floor are you going to?" I ask.

"Fifth. You?"

"Oh, third." I say, pressing third floor button first, and then the fifth. "You live in the penthouse?" 

"Oh yeah. I rent the space with my brother."

He's RICH TOO.

Then the elevator doors open. I turn to him once again.

"It was delightful talking to you, but this is my stop." I laugh shortly.

"Of course, yeah." he says. "I hope to um..." He looks at the ground.

"Yeah?"

"I hope to see you again." He finally says. The doors close and I don't see his face anymore.

I stood there for a moment, just watching the elevator door.

Wow.