Chapter 4 - Settled

My eyes slowly open. I barely got any sleep last night, with my neighbors television blaring all night. I get up, and slowly walk out of my bedroom to the kitchen, and pour myself a cup of coffee after it heats up.

I look out the window, and sure enough the street is busy with people late for work, and the sun is up and shining. Birds fly through the blue sky, not a cloud in sight. When I look all the way down to the sidewalk below, I can see... a stand. Multiple stands. Flower stands and kebab stands, hotdog stands and... snow cones? I love snow cones. Even though I'm tired, realizing that there are snow cones just outside is the perfect way to get me going.

I quickly get dressed, throwing on my favorite pullover and some jeans. I grab my purse, and run out of my apartment, locking the door behind me. I speed walk down the hallway to the elevator, swiftly pressing the down button.

I get down to the main floor, and out the doors I go. The fresh breeze hits me first, and then the sweet smell of food and flowers, and the sound of people bustling around excitedly and talking. The first stand I walk over to is the flower stand, hoping I could buy some to decorate my boring white kitchen. I walk over, spotting tulips and roses, orchids etcetera, and immediately get to smelling their freshness and looking at all the beautiful color combinations, deciding which I want. Then I look up, and there are even more arrangement attached to the flimsy roof of the stand that is protecting the seller from the harsh sun. I tried to reach the flowers, and even tried getting up onto my tip toes to be able to get a whiff of their odor.

Then the flowers somehow made their way down to me. I looked over to the side and of course, there he was.

Hugh was looking at me from where I stood, smile on his face, and hand on the flower that I was trying to reach, pushing it slightly down so I could get to it.

"Good morning," He said.

I immediately smile out of pure happiness that he was here. "Hi."

What a 'y/n' moment. Am I right or am I right?

He lets go of the flower and puts his hands in his pockets as I get off of my tip toes.

"Seeing you a lot lately." He jokes.

"One of the perks of living in the same building." I say and smile even wider.

"Perks?" He says and raises an eyebrow. I immediately blush and look down.

"Well I-- I just.."

"I'm joking. Of course it's a perk," He says and looks down too as I look at him.

I smiled as widely as I possibly could, absolutely delighted.

"Listen." He says, "I'm here to pig out on hotdogs and ice cream, and I was just wondering if you would join me."

My mouth is slightly agape in surprise. "There's ice cream?"

He smiles, and I swear his eyes sparkled.

Sorry this is a short one, getting sort of busy. But I'll get right back to it this weekend! I can't believe I have four viewers already, and one vote! I'm pretty sure that's a good thing. For whoever is viewing, I luv u and appreciate your view! 

You can also follow my Instagram:      Hugh.grant_writer to see all new updates and whenever chapters are out!