3

Tubbo's POV

I walked among the trees, heading in the direction of the prison. I knew Tommy had been stuck in there for the past few days, and I was gonna try to convince Sam to let him out. It was just silly keeping him there, it's not like he did anything wrong. 

The moment the prison came into sight I knew something was off.

Lights were flashing, and multiple random sirens were ringing out. Random bangs happened every now and then, and I could see smoke rising from the roof of the building. I broke into a sprint when I saw Sam walk out of the front door, shaking, and stand against the wall for support. 

"Sam?!!?!??!" 

He looked up, eyes widening at the sight of me. For the first time I saw the tears streaming down his face and instantly panicked.

"Sam?? Whats going on? Where's Dream? Where's TOMMY?!?!?

The man in front of me just shook his head, sobbing, not giving me any response. Evidently he wasn't prepared to, so I just grabbed his keys and ran into the prison. Most of the doors were left open and I sprinted through them, getting towards the cell. 

"Tommy? Tommy??" I called out, not knowing what was about to come. I stepped through the final door, pulling the lever for the lava. It got lower, lower, but I saw no blonde wearing a red shirt. Dream's face came into view, he appeared to be sat on the floor. 

"DREAM???? WHERES TOMMY?!?!?!" I screamed across the distance, desperate to see my best friend. The green-clothed man chuckled, looking down and then he called back

"See for yourself."

The lava lowered all the way, and all I could do was stare. Stare at the lifeless body laying in Dream's arms. The small, blonde head was resting on his enemy's lap as gloved fingers roughly stroked his hair. 

There was a scream coming from somewhere. I heard it, but it was too far off for me to recognise. My knees seemed to be wet and on the hard ground, but none of that mattered because I was staring at my best friend as he lay dead in Dream's arms.

 My senses sharpened again, my sight became less fuzzy, the sounds all came back and my throat started to ache from yelling so long. 

Tommy. I've lost Tommy.

"NO!! YOU MONSTER, YOU MONSTER. WHY?!?!?! WHAT DID HE EVER DO?!??!?! TOMMY, TOMMY, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

I was sobbing every word, I couldn't breath, I couldn't do anything but cry and scream.

"TOMMY, NO, NO, NOT HIM! NOT HIM TOO! PLEASE, NO, TOMMYYYY!!!!!!"

The walls were closing in, Dream's bitter laugh was filling my head, my entire body was shaking in rage and grief. My brain and heart were too heavy, I couldn't carry them anymore. The tears streaming down my face didn't matter, nothing mattered. I needed Tommy. I couldn't lose Tommy. I can't live without Tommy. 

"NO! NO.....N-no...please...no.." My voice grew small and desperate. I grew tired and weak. My entire body racked with sobs and my throat still hurt from the screams. But I would have gone through it all a million times if it brought back my best friend.

He was gone, and it was Dream's fault. It was all Dream's fault. The boy I had grown up with, the boy who had always walked and spoken with confidence, was now limp and vulnerable on a cell floor. The bright blue eyes that always caught people's attention were now closed and filled with blood. 

The lava started to rise, and when I glanced up I saw Sam with his hand on the lever. Instantly I was standing, grabbing his wrist and roughly pulling him away. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" 

"Tubbo, we can't- we can't risk the prisoner escaping." It took a minute for me to process what he meant, but the moment I did I panicked.

"No. No, no NO!! Sam, we have to give him a-" I sobbed whilst speaking, tears still falling down my face and splashing onto the stone floor. 

"We have to give him a burial, we have to get him out, he can't stay trapped in there, I CAN'T LEAVE HIM TRAPPED IN THERE!!" The small words gradually turned into a shout, making Sam wince. But he didn't stop the lava. He just stared into my face, crying silently.

"SAM!! SAM, HES DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU. BECAUSE YOU REFUSED TO LET HIM OUT. DON'T LEAVE HIM THERE NOW, SAM, WE HAVE TO GET HIM, PLEASE, I CAN'T LEAVE HIM!! I HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE!!! YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE!!" But he wouldn't listen, and I fell to my knees, sobbing uncontrollably.

"He...he didn't deserve it....it's all you're fault it's all you're fault.."

The lava closed up all the way, I couldn't see through it at all. There was a loud laugh and a hiss of fire and steam from the other side. 

He burnt Tommy.

"TUBBO NO!!" 

I was running at the lava, getting closer and closer. I couldn't leave him alone. He didn't deserve to be left alone. I had to go with him. 

"Tubbo, PLEASE." Hands grabbed my shirt, and I swung my fist, blinded by tears. Ranboo was stood in front of me, a frown and tears on his face. Ignoring the fact that I just punched him he opened his arms and pulled me into a hug.

"He wouldn't want that Tubbo. Don't follow him. He wouldn't want that." I sobbed harder into Ranboo's shoulder, it was all too much for me.

"I wasn't ready to lose him. I need him. I'm not ready. I'm not ready for him to die."

At this the arms around me pulled back, so I could stare into the red and green eyes filled with sadness almost as great as mine.

"Neither was he."

(940 words)

*cri cri cri cri cri cri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri cri cricri cri cri*