4

We walked along the dark patch of grass, looking around at the lumps of stone buried in the ground. Schlatt's grave was clear, completely empty except for one small circular object- a dark purple poker coin. Wilbur chuckled, but really seemed like he was hiding how he actually felt. His head, usually held high was facing the ground, and his shoulders were slumped.

The light sound of sobbing was suddenly heard. It was so painfully sad, and I slowly realised that it was coming from one of the corners of the graveyard. A corner that seemed a lot brighter than everywhere else, the orange glow of torches spread across the ground. "T-Tubbo?" 

Indeed, the short brunette was bent over, sobbing hysterically. He held a round, silver compass in his shaking hands, cradling it as if it was a small child. My compass. I could see, even from here that the red arrow wasn't moving properly. It spun randomly, occasionally going still and then continuing to rotate. 

We drifted closer and closer, non-existent tears filling my non-existent eyes as I stared down at who used to be my best friend. A sound came from beside us and we spun to see a tall man with a long braid of thick pink hair against his back walk slowly toward Tubbo. Technoblade's red cape, instead of being draped over his broad shoulders, was held over his arm as he kneeled in front of the grave. My grave.

"It wasn't his time to die." The low, gravelly voice spoke as the scarlet material was placed on the ground beside the headstone. "T-Tommy, I...I'm sorry you had to go like that. I'm sorry you lived the way you did. I'm sorry-" his voice broke off and I watched as a single tear rolled down his pink cheek. "I'm sorry." 

And all I could do was watch. Watch as the two people who meant so much to me grieved over my disappearance. Two people, one who betrayed and hurt me most, the other I did the same to. 

Movement came from beside me and I turned to Wilbur, watching him frown at the sight in front of him. He seemed upset, almost angry. My head twisted with confusion- how could he feel anything right now but guilt for our friends? How could any of this possibly bring anger? He came forward a bit, standing beside me as we both looked down at the two sobbing people at my grave.

"No one cared this much when I died." Will's low voice spoke, eyes dark and hands shaking. There wasn't much emotion in the way he said it, just emptiness and a cruel hint of anger. I felt tears once again fall down my face as I looked up to the sky, at the stars. I saw constellations that I remembered looking at with Tubbo when I was alive. We used to lie at the top of the power tower, laughing and joking, talking so much yet saying so little. 

I remembered looking up at the same stars when alone in exile. Trying to distract myself from the sounds of TNT blowing up all my things. 

I remembered talking to them after Wilbur went. Realising I was truly alone now, without the one person who had never betrayed me. Realising that I no longer had anyone I could fully trust.

Not even myself.

"No one- no one cared this much when I was...alive."

My eyes once again filled with tears and watched Will as regret and sympathy flooded his features. Arms wrapped around me, pulling me into his chest and stroking my back gently. I knew that even though it had seemed Wilbur didn't care, seeing me like this reminded him of times where he'd comfort my nightmares as a kid. When he'd hold me just like this, telling me stories and singing me songs until I fell asleep.

Even now he started humming, though tunelessly, and it seemed to be a way of trying to calm himself down as well as me. I had to stop myself from wrapping my legs around him and clutching at his shirt like I would when I was little.

"I know Tommy, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Tommy."

And again, as he spoke the last few words also came from behind me, spoken almost in unison by both of my big brothers. My mind calmed down in reaction, bringing full thoughts instead of just static. Gradually my hands stopped shaking, until eventually I was just pulled against his chest with silent tears running down my cheeks.

(770 words)

this chapter's based off of a piece of fanart :]