Chapter 1

I was sitting on my bed. Thinking about how my life was about to change tomorrow. I was going to New York from India to continue my studies to become a pediatrician. My family was not very rich and my father saved a lot of money over last 15 years so that I can go to New York and complete my mother's wish to see me as a doctor. A loud knock on the door pulled me out of my mind. It was my mom. I gave her a weak smile and motioned her to come in. She did so and sat on the edge of my bed beside me.

She was looking at the bedsheet's pattern with her mouth partly Open. Her face clearly showed grief. I Shifted closer to her and lifted her face. She now directly looked in my eyes. I looked at her with concern. Tears started streaming down her face.  It was clear how sad & concerned she was now that I was going to a different country alone. I cupped her face in and said "Ma, you need not to worry. I swear I'll take care of myself. And...and didn't pa buy you a new phone? We'll talk everyday, ok?" I tried to hold back my tears. She nodded ever so slightly and in a sudden stroke of hand she wrapped me in a tight hug. I rubbed her back softly as she started bawling uncontrollably on my shoulder. 

It was past 7, when I was done packing completely. My little sister, Mishii, 13, was sitting on my bed doing her maths homework. Looking up now & then to ask me to help with one of the question. I was not very good at mathematics myself but her questions were very basic so I helped however I could. My brother, Hari,16, was playing cricket with his friends on the streets and shouting as Someone would hit a six or hit the opposite team's wicket. My mother called me downstairs to help set dinner. I looked at Mishii expecting her to go in my place. But she simply rolled her eyes rejecting to go. I exhaled and went downstairs. "What do you want me to do ma?". She glanced at me for a second before getting back to cutting onions to put in vinegar. "Put that casserole on the table, will you honey?" She said without looking at me.

I lifted the covered casserole from the kitchen counter and put it on the dining table where the glasses and spoons were already set. "What are we eating today? It smells so good..." I exclaimed while lifting the lid. "Oh my god, is that afghani chicken? Ma you're the best!!!" I jumped up and down with excitement while kissing my mother repeatedly. "Arey....Enough, go call your father and Mishii and Hari and tell them dinner's ready." She said while chuckling. I ran to my parent's room where my father was doing some work on his laptop. He looked up through his glasses, which were on his nose, when I reached the door. "Food's served pa. Ma has prepared my favourite meal, come quick, okay?" I said quickly, panting from all the jumping. He got back to his work and responded without looking, "Yeah, you go ahead. I'll be out soon."

I shouted from the bottom of the stairs ordering Mishii to come down and call Hari. She came down, ambly Walking down the stairs while typing something on her phone. She scoffed when she reached the bottom and finally looked up from her phone. She ran out to call Hari as I am sure she saw the annoyance on my face.  At 8 O'clock, all of us were finally on the table. My mother started serving and my brother started helping her when I gave him a sharp stare.

Dinner ended in a blink, we were all just talking & laughing at funny memories of when my parents met and other stories. After what felt like seconds,I looked at the clock that showed it was already 11 O'clock. I had a flight at 9 in the morning so I had to wake up at 4. We quickly went to bed and my brother was already Snoring before I came to the room. I layed on my bed after I switched off the lights. I looked at the light coming from the window at the ceiling. It was the only Source of light in the dark room. I thought to myself how everything will change from tomorrow. Scared but also excited to see what the future hold for me.  I closed my eyes and drifted into my dreams.

Hey people...

So this was the first chapter. If you would like to read more don't forget to vote!

I'm always open for suggestions and comments. But no hate, if you don't like it,Don't read...

Till next time, bye!!!