I'd Come For You (Part 2)

"I'd Come For You" by Nickelback is a very emotional song for me. The song has so many of my feelings wrapped up in it. Don't get me wrong, I really like the song, but it brings out a lot of my feelings. It often brings up feelings that I didn't even know I still have/had.

Every time I hear it, I think about my best friend, Chevy. He's my best friend for a reason. He was the first person to really understand me. He has always been there for me, he's been there for me more than anyone else has. He doesn't bug me to tell him about whatever's bothering me, he just waits for me to come to him, and I love that. He knows me like the back of his own hand...he can tell when something's wrong, and he knows that when I tell him that I'm fine to just be there for when I'm ready to talk about it.

I have saved him on several occasions, as he did to me...he has saved me so many times that I have lost count.

My heroes don't wear tights, masks, capes, or even armor. You don't need these things to be a hero. I have a hero...he doesn't wear tights, masks, or capes, but that doesn't mean he's not a hero. He is a man who puts his whole heart into everything he does. He's a fighter, and one day, I want to be like him. He is the reason that I am who I am and I call him, 'Chevy.'

He's a hero...he's my hero. I don't care about how old I get or what happens between us, he will always be my hero and I will always consider him to be my Superman. I love you to the moon and back, kiddo!

By now, I would hope that he knows I would do anything for him because he has done so much for me, he's my best friend in the whole world.

There was a short period of time where he was gone. He wasn't able to be there for me. That is probably the best thing he has ever done for me, even if he didn't leave on my behalf. I learned that sometimes you have to be your own hero because people aren't always going to be there for you.