▪ Getting Sweaty ▪

As Rudra opened his eyes due to the ring of his alarm, the first thing he saw was a white paper. Squinting his eyes, he took the letter and read,

"Rudy,

Even though, I promised to be with you, I had to leave you.. I am sorry for leaving you alone but I really hope you would understand.

All the very Best for today and I pray that you rock it out and prove everyone that you can be independent. May God Bless you."

That short note had brought a smile on his face. He grinned and pushed the comforted starting a new day.

~~~~

As Rudra got ready, his phone rang and he slightly expected it to be his parents but it was Maya. Nevertheless, he was happy. As he picked the call, he kept it on the stand in the speaker mode before he enquired where he was. Folding his sleeves, he looked himself in the mirror and replied to her question about his departure," I am about to leave. I have booked a cab.."

Maya just hummed while on the other hand, he took his bag as he heard a horn from his side.

"I guess it's here.. Call you later and take care.." Rudra said and had cut the call. As he closed the door behind him, he saw the car and smiled. Picking his phone, he cancelled his cab and hoped onto Maya's car.

"I thought you had a whole day shoot!" He expressed as he buckled himself.

"Took 2 hours permission!" She said shrugging her shoulders as she started the car. As the car drove a few meters, Rudra picked his phone when his phone panged with a message from Rishi. Deciding to call him, Rudra called him and spoke for a few seconds. He didn't miss to ask about his dad and mom to which he replied that they were doing good. He also hinted them missing him but wouldn't turn left or right from their decision. After a few minutes, as the environment was as calm as the mornings, Rudra asked,

"Had your breakfast?" Rudra asked while she confessed that she she didn't have. She expected an outburst and as the car took off when the signal turned green, the red signal was shown in the car. Rudra, who got a bit angry, bursted out," Maya, you are already getting paler. You know breakfast is the most important part of the day!"

"Didn't feel like having it. Have been surviving on 3 coffees!" She spoke releasing a sigh.

"Maya, when will you learn to take care of yourself?" He face-palmed and asked her with a bit of frustration on his face.

"When you are happy!" She replied within a quick moment making him smile sadly when the car had stopped at another signal.

"I am not asking to leave about them. I know you and I am not going to force you to be happy. And I also know the fact that your fighter mode is a facade." Maya spoke looking into his eyes.

She extended her body and pecked his cheeks. He had a smile blooming on his face. Changing the gear, she steered left and let her fingers meet his and entwine them. Their journey continued yet their mouths refused to speak. When Maya parked her car into the underground parking lot of Rudra's office, he asked her a question that made her smile," Will I ever get to see your parents?"

Maya removed her seat belt and said," You need to meet them at one point. They would already know you since we are on the newspapers from the past few months. I wish you got to meet them. I wish both of our parents were there for us.."

"Shouldn't we meet them? I mean my parents have already met you and have given a verdict..." Before he could continue, she asked," You don't agree to that, don't you?"