Part 1

P.O.V. - Thorfinn

I was sitting in the war ship that Askeladd stole from my father after he ruthlessly killed him in front of my very eyes. My knives had a little bit of grim on them so I was polishing them until they were clean. The sun shimmered off of the blades suffice as I held it up above my head. I got out a honing stone to sharpen them before I put them away. I slowly move the stone up and down the edge of the blade. The two arrows near the hilt of the blade made me wonder the purpose of them.

The knives were put back into their sheaths and I looked up to see everything was in a panic about something in front of the ship. I got up to see what everyone was looking at. When I got to the front of the ship there was a whirlpool right in front of us. It was too late to turn around and the current was too strong to row away.

"What the hell?! Why didn't you do something sooner!?" I yelled at no one in particular, just all the idiots surrounding me that didn't see the massive swirling current that was in front of us.

"It appeared out of nowhere, not until it was right in front of us." One of the random crew mates yelled back at me. They all started to row in an attempt to get away from the impending death that was about to take all the people and the three ships that I was currently sailing with. The front of the boat tipped down as the war ship fell into the whirlpool.

Location change - Karakura Town

P.O.V. change - Ichigo

Kon was making a ruckus again as he called out for rukia not getting over the fact that it had been over a year since she last lived here. The war against the quincys was finally over after hours of tirelessly fighting. The little stuffed lion jumped up onto my cheats and started hitting it with his cotton paws.

"I miss Rukia! Bring her back! Bring her back!" Kon whined, "Why couldn't you convince her to stay here?!" I sighed at Kon's idiocy and sat up and looked at him. I was tired of his ranting about Rukia.

"If you like her so much then why didn't you go to the soul society and be with her? I'm getting sick and tired of your whining . Either leave or deal with it." I said bluntly while glaring at him. He froze, jumped off of my chest and sat down with his back facing me.

"Fine I'll stay, but only because you'd be useless without me." He mumbled to himself. I rolled my eyes and decided that it was as good a time as any to get up and be productive. The bed squeaked as I rolled over and put my feet on the floor.

When my feet hit the ground there was a sudden large amount of spirit energy at the edge of town. My substitute soul reaper pass wasn't alerting me of any hollows. I jumped up and used my pass to remove my soul from my body. I opened up my window and flew out to where the new spiritual energy was coming from.

P.O.V. change - Thorfinn

I clutched my head as I slowly opened my eyes to find that I wasn't dead. I felt something poking me in the back, I got up wincing at the pain every so often. I saw that the thing that was poking me was a wooden board.

There were boards everywhere spread around the ground. Wait, ground? Everything came back to me, about the whirlpool, the thought of me dying, and the front of the boat tipping into the ocean.

'Am I in Valhalla?' I thought to myself, already accepting the fact that I'm dead. I saw the dragon head that was carved into my father's warship broken into bits not far away from me. I felt a lump in my throat slowly grow. I jumped up and ran over to the carving, I knelt in front of it.

"Father, what happened?" I asked out loud to myself. I pulled out the knife that my father gave me. Before I let myself shed a single tear I put my unreadable scoul back on, I hardened my eyes and stood up. I turned around to see an orange haired man with odd clothes on and a large sword on his back appear out of nowhere.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked.

P.O.V change - Ichigo

"Who the hell are you?" I asked

Before me there was a kid definitely younger than me, bloodied and bruised. He was also surrounded by people in the same condition as him but they were unconscious. the kid got up and walked over to me scowling, his eyes narrowed as he stared at me.

"I could ask you the same thing, and what is up with those weird ass clothes?" He said but it seemed that he was confused about the language that he spoke. I gave him a raised eyebrow and walked closer to him, I put Zangetsu over my shoulder and stood there for a second. He gripped his knives that were on the front and back of his hips.

"I don't have weird ass clothes you do! What is going on here anyways?! Why are you surrounded by people who are knocked out? As for your first question I'm Ichigo Kurosaki substitute soul reaper!" I yelled at him. He gave me the same look of confusion that I did not that long ago.

"So this isn't Valhalla? I could have sworn I died when the ship went into that whirlpool. All these people here are Askeladd's men, and they were so blind ad stuipid that they didn't see the giant swirling current in front of the ship. Now all three ships are smashed to bits." He insulted all the knocked out men on the ground.

"Whoa Thorfinn, I never heard you talk so much at one time in my life, usually you just scowl." A guy with weird armor and blond hair said. All the other men started to wake up and rub the aches and pains. There were a hundred of them there, all of them were fairly tall and all looked like they had a good build. The weird armor guy walked up to me and looked me up and down. The guy's eyes wandered over to karakura town.

"Well that is the biggest town I've ever seen, and it looks like this scrawny guy with a sword too big for anyone to swing is the only guard. We need to buy some new boats but it seems that we lost all our money in the crash. So what is our solution to this conundrum?" He smirked. All of his other crew mates smiled as they pulled out their weapons from their sheaths and pointed them at me, as well as the kid that I was talking to.

"Ok let's get this over with so I can enjoy my weekend." I sighed as I moved my sword from my shoulder right in front of me with both hands on it.

P.O.V. - Askeladd

As soon as the soul protector of the town that we were about to raid mover his sword and got into a fighting stance, I immediately regretted even trying to fight him. Before the presence that he was emitting was barely anything and the way that he held his sword looked like he could barely hold it. When he moved his sword off of his shoulder however it looked like it weighed nothing at all. I might have underestimated this kid.

"Are you going to attack me or what." The oranged haired man questioned. He had a scowl that could rival Thorfinn on his face. I looked over to the short blond haired man and saw that he was in a cold sweat. My hands were shaking a little and my sword was slipping due to the sweat that had accumulated.

"What is your name? It seems that this town trusts you enough to put all of their lives into your hands." I asked to make it so I could calm my nerves before the fight.

"Ichigo Kurosaki, substitute soul reaper." He said. My eyes widened, he was only a substitute? How strong was the actual one? Without any warning he disappeared and reappeared, but this time all my men were on the ground.

"Hmm for your amount of spiritual pressure, you are all pretty slow aren't you." He said slinging his sword over his shoulder again, "But it seems that you are all human, so I wont kill you." I started to feel my knees getting weak.

"Hey did you see him move Thorfinn?" I whispered, knowing that he was the fastest out of all of us he was the fastest but he just stood there frozen in shock. What is the man in front of me and Thorfinn a god?

"As I was so kind in telling you my name first, what is your name?" He asked, sticking the tip of his sword in the ground. I bowed my head and put my right hand over my stomach.

"My name is Askeladd, sir Ichigo." I said. 

___________________________________________________

Hope you like this first part, if anybody reads this. If you like it and you have any ideas then leave a comment telling me what you think I should add. Thank you for reading! (Tell me if you find any spelling or grammar  mistakes so I can fix them)