The Start

"Nii-san! Please!"

"I love you Izu.. continue smiling.. I'll watch over you okay?"

"NO! Kuro-nii please, don't leave me.."

"Izu, will you go live your dream for me?"

"Nii-san.. I really love you.."

"I love you too my little cloud, stay strong.. alright..?"

"Nii-san!"

                                                               -0oOo0-

Izuku woke up in cold sweat and was breathing harshly. He looked around in slight fear and relaxed when he realised it was his own room. He slumped down on his pillow and reached for his phone. He was having that nightmare again. It had been 5 years since it happened but Izuku can't seem to forget his brother can he? It was 7:31 am. 7:31?! Izuku stumbled out of his bed, accidentally activating his quirk and dropping his phone into it. Izuku sighed. While his quirk did repel people not meant to enter, it didn't really apply to non-sentient items. He reached into the open portal and rummaged around it. Feeling what seemed like his phone, he pulled it out and closed the portal. Placing his phone on his desk, he padded towards the bathroom.

After splashing water on his face, he stared into the mirror. He had still had eye bags from studying through the night and his untameable green curls were even more tangled. Kuroi had always said that his hair made him look like a cloud in addition with his quirk and Izuku always replied by calling him a storm cloud with how his eyes were. Izuku's mouth quirked up slightly at the memory. Splashing his face again and making his hair more presentable, he hurried to change into a shirt and tracksuit.

When he entered the kitchen with a yellow backpack over his shoulders, he noticed a small bag and note on the counters. He picked up the small bag and checked the contents to find a sandwich and a small cup of hot chocolate. Taking a quick glance at the clock that showed 7:54, he sped through the note feeling his stomach grumble with hunger.

"Izuku darling, I'm sorry but there was an emergency at work today that I couldn't avoid. I got you breakfast so make sure to take your time okay? I'll try to come back on Saturday to look at your results then. Love you baby.."

'It is Thursday today,' Izuku's mind supplied. The entrance exam for the hero course was in about an hour. Panicking slightly, Izuku wolfed down the sandwich and gently slipped the note under some salt shakers. Grabbing his now warm chocolate drink and his keys, he quickly encased himself under some mist and sighed in comfort. No matter how often he did this, it always reminded him of his brother's warmth. Exiting the house and locking the door behind him with his shadowy hands, he bolted down the stairs and almost dropped his drink. Izuku continued to run, unaware of a smiling figure perched on the rooftop, watching him.