A Purple Panda (Part 1)

Izuku was exhausted, rightfully so.

But his chest did feel lighter so that was one perk to spilling his issues.

Now that his visit to his brother was out of the way, Izuku had nothing to do now.

His mother wasn't coming home until he got his results, which would be about a week from now. Izuku didn't just want to lay around and do nothing, his anxiety would probably act up and he'd end up not sleeping until it went away. He didn't have any friends either and he didn't want to do more studying.

Izuku closed his eyes and sighed in exhaustion. The wind gently blew against him and his mist flickered in response.

Maybe he could go to a park or a library. The park was always pretty calming and nostalgic to go to. The weather was nice and cooling too. Izuku thinks the library just got a new stock of books so he could check those out. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the time. It was a few minutes from noon. He slipped his phone back in.

Maybe he could go to the park and then to the library after lunch. Izuku's feet settled him on a familiar path to the park and his mind wandered again. Izuku didn't eat much for breakfast so he should probably get something filling for lunch.

Maybe that cat cafe that recently opened up? He heard that not only were their coffees and treats delicious, they also had a menu specifically for filling meals. Those types of cat cafes were rare since they usually focused on promoting their cat-friendly snacks or their coffees. It sounded like a pretty decent place and most of their reviews were positive.

Izuku's eyes slowly opened again when his feet reached the familiar path that led to the park. Another great part about his quirk was that the mist was in a way sentient. Not in an alive manner but a more 'detect the surroundings' way. Izuku could probably close his eyes and use his mist to navigate around if he wasn't so hellbent on not disturbing anyone. No one was out this time so he could safely travel closing his eyes. It was in a way relaxing.

A small smile quirked up on his face and he gently sat himself onto an empty bench. He leaned back and stared blankly ahead. The scenery was exactly the same as when he was young. The trees and grass were as green as ever and the happy laughter of the children playing nearby filled him with a sense of nostalgia.

Izuku took a deep breath and closed his eyes again. His mist danced around and Izuku let it instead of trying to calm it. The wind was as gentle as ever and curled around him. He could almost take a nap like this.

He could, if his ears and mist didn't pick up a sudden yelp. Izuku straightened up immediately and looked around. It was distant and soft so the others probably couldn't hear it and if they did, they would likely dismiss it as a child playing. But Izuku didn't have his ears honed to perfection to watch out for danger for nothing. His gut agreed with him so he picked himself up and walked out of the park.

Contrary to popular belief, his mist and the wind actually worked well with each other. Whenever the wind blew his mist off, the mist takes a while before disappearing and so it had time to register the surroundings. Izuku blindly followed his guts and instincts and found himself walking in a direction to an alleyway.

It was out in the open so people could walk right in but it was also quite secluded and narrow so most would avoid it at all costs. His mist picked up a small yelp and laughter so he picked up his pace.

He did not like that. He did not like that kind of laughter at all. It wasn't the usual cheery laughter you would hear after hearing a joke or the small happy giggles that expressed their mirth. It was the cruel and degrading laughter laced with malice that made his blood boil.