Chapter 36~ Dancing under the Stars

After you meet Wilbur's parents, life continues on as normal. You stream, edit, record, and spend time with everybody. A week or so after you met Wilbur's parents, Wil corners you in your bedroom, giving you a kiss before whispering in your ear.

"Y/n pick a nice formal outfit for this evening. I'm gonna take my precious Y/n's to dinner." He says, smiling as he gives you a quick kiss.

"Alright. Sounds fun." You hum, leaving the room to go take a shower.

A few hours later, you are wearing a somewhat formal outfit, and you meet Wil downstairs. You go out to the car, where he stands in front of you, an arm on either side of your shoulders.

"Y/nnn I told you to look formal, not sexy." He whispers in your ear before kissing you. You smile against the kiss, bringing your hands up to gently play with his hair. He pulls away after a minute, going around to the drivers side of the car and hoping in. You get in the passenger seat, and he pulls the car out of the driveway. He drives you to a formal restaurant on the pier. When he goes inside, the waiter brings you to a table that Wil reserved, right next to a window with a full view of the ocean. It is beautiful. It is still summer, so the sun won't set until later, but the late afternoon light reflecting on the water looks magical.

You order your food, and the two of you sit in comfortable silence for a moment, before Wil smiles sweetly at you.

"You look so pretty in this light." He says, resting his head on his palm and just staring at you, a smile on his face. You return the smile, giggling at your boyfriend.

"You look really pretty in any light." You say, leaning forward and giving the man a quick peck on the lips. He frowns a little.

"What was that for?" He asks, looking somewhat sad. You tilt your head to the side.

"What? I kissed you, I thought you like that?" You say, frowning. He frowns a little more.

"You didn't kiss me, you teased me. That was barely a kiss." He says, gently taking your jaw and kissing you slowly. He pulls away, smiling.

"That, was a kiss." He states, and you roll your eyes. Before you can say something witty, your food arrives. You eat your food, and once you are done, Wilbur walks you out of the restaurant, paying or the dinner before you can protest. He grabs your hand, running along the beach before you arrive at a small dock. He pulls you down as he sits on the end, and you sit next to him. The sun begins to set, and Wilbur pulls out his phone, turning on music, and standing up, offering you his hand. You let him pull you up, and he holds you just above the ground.

He gives you a soft, sweet kiss and his soft hair brushes against your forehead as your faces hover only a few inches apart. He sets you down, twirling you quickly before pulling you against his chest. You recognize the song by Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud.

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

Wilbur picks up the steps to a simple dance, and you follow his lead. You are pressed against his chest, the sunset making his skin glow. You smile, looking into his eyes as you listen to the music.

And darling I will be loving you 'till were 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the light touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

You smile at Wilbur, letting him lead you dancing around the small dock. His chocolate brown eyes shine in the sunset.

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

The pinks and oranges in the sky slowly fade to deep purple and blue, a cloudless sky displaying billions of stars.

When my hairs all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way
I know you will still love me the same

Wilbur twirls you out of his arms, dipping you without warning. Another person and you would worry they would drop you, but you trust Wilbur with your life as he holds you on the dock under the stars.

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

Your silhouettes dance in the dark, and endless sky stretching out behind you, and the only thing in the world that matters is the person in front of you.

I'm thinking about how people fall in live in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

Wilbur spins around with you pressed against his chest, the cool evening breeze gently caressing your skin.

But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

The two of you stop twirling and swaying in favor of simply standing together, wrapped in each other's arms, the world is perfect.

Oh baby, we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are

(1010 words)

A/N: Thank you a_lonely_simp for the dinner date idea!

I love you all. <3