Heroes and Monsters

The Wyvern flew past the hijacked Atlesian Airship, as Ruby looked on, with the surrounding Griffons roaming the skies. A Griffon landed on the airship, but Ruby easily cut it down with Crescent Rose, causing to disintegrate into black particles. But suddenly, she heared a snap, turning to see Neopolitan, now changing into her standard attire with a wave of light washing over her from bottom to top, as she winked after taking a picture of Ruby, sending it to a certain crime lord with the following text:

"Guess Who?"

Roman: Oh, you can not be serious!

Having realized one of his old foes was interfering yet again, the wanted criminal quickly picked up Melodic Cudgel and walked up to the top of the airship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right outside of Beacon's dining hall, Blake backed away from the shattered window, staring in horror at her old partner.

Adam: Running away again? Is that what you've become, my love? A coward?

Blake: Why are you doing this?

Adam: You and I were going to change the world, remember? We were destined to light the fires of revolution! *stomps on a downed Atlas student's chest* Consider this... the spark. 

As a horrified Blake watched Adam drawing Wilt in preparing to stab the student, Blake charged into the dining hall, drawing her sword in a flash. Her blade clashed with his as she pushed him away from the student, and they stood with their blades locked.

Blake: I'm... not... running.

Adam: You... will.

He kicked her away, knocking her onto the floor. A nearby Creep ran toward her, only to be shot by Adam.

Adam: But not before you suffer for your betrayal, my love.

He smiled and began walking toward her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back outside the Beacon grounds, Velvet Scarlatina groans as she struggles to get up, only to get knocked back down when Coco bumped into her after getting knocked away from a Paladin off-screen. The camera panned with Neon and Reese as they dodged and weaved between groups of students fighting against Grimm plus the infected Atlesian Knights and Paladins. The rest of Team ABRN surrounded a Griffon attacking it with bullets and fireballs, as Bolin knocked a Knight aside. Reese spinned her board and sliced through another as she passed by it. Nearby Sun and Neptune try to hold back a Paladin, while Nora and Ren decimated another group of Knights. Yatsuhashi was seen fighting another Griffon while Fox dashed over from a pile of robot parts. Byleth used his weapon in whip mode to slash a Griffon with Fire Dust. Two Creeps rushed at Flynt who used his trumpet to send the first one flying. Neon and Reese used their weapons to freeze a second Paladin's legs in place. Weiss then arrived on the battlefield, and charged in but got swatted aside by its arm.

Neptune: *reaches his hand out* Weiss!

Yatsuhashi tried to hold back a Paladin's fist with his sword, but he got overpowered and knocked back. The Paladin then turned to and started approaching a distracted Ren.

Nora: Look out! 

She pushed Ren out of the way of the Paladin's incoming strike and took the hit instead.

Ren: Nora! No! 

He reached out to her, but got knocked back by the Paladin too. Coco and Neptune fired their weapons at the Paladin, but it was unfazed.