End of the Beginning

In the darkened corridor of the Vault under Beacon, only flashes of green and vermilion were illuminated in the darkness. More flashes were shown as Ozpin and Cinder clashed weapons against each other. After a clash, Cinder slided back, using her hand to melt the floor below her, and summoned ice crystals from the newly-formed substance, hurling them towards Ozpin. Ozpin deflected them all by moving at superhuman speed, and then darted forward and delivered a bunch of strikes at Cinder with his cane, with the last blow launching her back. Cinder then floated mid air by unleashing her Maiden power. Ozpin then slammed his cane into the floor, forming a spherical force-field around him. Cinder then unleashed a powerful fire blast, with Ozpin leaping into the attack with the barrier protecting him. As he closed in on her, the screen faded to white.

The screen then faded out to the docks outside of Beacon. Air buses were seen picking up the last few civilians and students. Port and Oobleck oversaw the evacuation.

Port: That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!

Oobleck: A safe zone has been established in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!

Weiss and Byleth stared at what was in front of them, in disbelief. As Ruby came running down the path, Zwei barked to alert Byleth and Weiss to Weiss' leader's presence, and both of them turned around to greet her.

Weiss: Ruby!

Byleth: There you are.

Ruby: Oh, I found you!

Weiss: Ruby, where have you-

Ruby: Don't worry, I'm fine! What's going on?

Unsure of what to say, Weiss lowered her gaze sadly.

Ruby: Weiss? What is it?

Byleth: You should look for yourself.

Weiss stepped aside, giving Ruby a clear view of Blake and Yang lying on the ground. Both girls had bandages wrapped around their wounds, and the latter was unconscious. Libra was sitting beside Yang and held his hand with a gentle green-white glow over Yang's stump to stop the bleeding. Behind them sat Nora and Ren, who were too battered and bruised to fight. Blake reached over and placed her hand on Yang's.

Blake: I'm sorry. *gets tears in her eyes*

Byleth: You saved her. There's nothing to apologize.

Blake: No. It's because of me she's-

Ruby reached out and opened her mouth to say something, but in her emotional state, she doesn't know what to say.

Blake: *curls up, closing her eyes* I'm so sorry.

Ruby: Yang...

Sun: *walks over* Hey. She's gonna be okay, 'cause we have a medic here. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale.

Nora: But Jaune, Pyrrha, Azura and Maira are still missing.

Nora attempted to stand, but she quickly sat back down, groaning and holding her side.

Ruby: What!?

Sun: Look, guys, that giant Grimm is circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go, now!

Ren: We're not... leaving! *stands up, but then falls to his knees* Ugh!

Sun turned and casted a worried look at Blake.

Ruby: I'll find them... I'll find them, and I'll bring them back.

Weiss: No! We will find them. *turns to Nora and Ren* Watch after Blake and Yang. We'll be back. *turns to Libra* And whoever you are, please take care of them.