Chapter Four: ''Reroute''

Elana's moms' point of view

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ELANA NEVER LANDED?"

"Her flight was rerouted, ma'am-"

"HER FLIGHT WAS REROUTED? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!"

"Ma'am, please, we are trying-"

"NO! MY BABY IS GONE! M-my precious- I-," I sob.

"Ma'am, please, we notified you as soon as possible."

"I'm sorry, I'm sure you did, I just- I can't believe she's gone..."

"We do have a lead that she landed in Las Vegas, Ma'am, but it's not solid proof."

"I'll take anything. Are there any flights I can catch today?"

"Only one, I'm afraid. It leaves at 2:30."

"That's in an hour."

"I'm sorry, this is the best I can offer unless you want to wait till tomorrow."

"Well, I suppose I will have to settle for that. I'll be there."

"Okay. We will make sure that you get on the plane smoothly and are not bothered. I'll send you an email with your flight information."

"Okay, thank you."

"Should we alert the media, Ma'am?"

"No, not yet, Those idiots will make up fake info for attention. When her disappearance is publicized, I want to be the one who does it, not some random person with a fake name." I run to the car, hoping I locked the door, for I have no time to check.

"DRIVER! TO THE AIRPORT! IT'S URGENT!" I shout. He waits until I'm in the car, and then slams on the gas pedal. We get to the airport in 30 minutes. I rush in and run to TSA. I open my email, and sure enough, there's a boarding pass, in all its virtual glory. The phone lights up briefly. 2:00. Crap.

"Miss?" I hear from my side. I turn around and see a TSA agent.

"Yes?"

"You've been pre-cleared through security. Let's get you on the plane." I nod, wondering if this man knows why I'm flying. He might, but I won't bring Elana up unless I have to.

"So, why are you flying economy? I thought you had a private plane." Crap. Think of something, Natalia.

"Elana wanted to fly out to Los Angeles by herself, so I let her, but she's fallen ill, and I certainly must see her, and as our plane is in Los Angeles, I must fly economy. There's no time to waste."

"Oh, okay. Er- Pardon me for being curious, ma'am, I-"

"It's only natural. Besides, someone was bound to ask eventually. Thank you for helping me, sir, but I really must board the plane." And with that, I take off for the gate, running faster than I ever have in my entire life.