Chapter Five: Skydiving

I am met by a few guards, but I merely gesture them away. Safety is not a priority for me right now. I board the plane and am met by a few hundred eyes. I begin to shuffle awkwardly down the aisle.

...

Ding! "As you can see, the fasten seatbelt sign is illuminated, so you cannot move about the cabin. We are about to begin our initial descent into Las Vegas. It will take about 30 minutes."

Usually, we can get to Vegas in under 30 minutes, but this has taken almost three hours. How do people do this? I think, glancing around. An aging woman of small stature turns to look at me. She whispers two words to me.

"Another one." This confuses me. What does she mean, another one? Surely she can't mean that Ethan has gone as well!?! Oh, I shouldn't have left him at our mansion! What if the plane comes back and whisks him away to Indonesia or some other faraway place? It's bad enough that Elana is gone. I should have gone with her! I turn back to the woman.

"What happened to Elana?" She merely grins maniacally at me and repeats her words.

"Another one."

"What's happened to Ethan?" I ask.

"Another one."

"Another what?"

"Hostage."

"Hostage?"

"Another one." I can feel the blood draining from my face.

Skylur: Okay, this is where the story ends! I am going to leave this open to speculation as I'm not motivated enough to finish it. Feel free to tell me what you think in the comments!