III

well, im a day late but, its not that bad! enjoy!

>>> picture of zayn and louis's apartment to the side. imagine it like that but darker and dengier.

-

after school, harry realized he didn't have zayn's number. why would he? it's not everyday people become best mates with their bullies. not that him and zayn were best mates anyways. he sighed, looking around in the halls, but it was more so just quick glances around. after all, for someone with such bad social skills, such as harry, heavily crowded hallways weren't exactly a walk in the park. he shook his head, coming up with no such luck. where could he be? where did stoners usually hang out anyways?

harry grinned, an idea in his mind. he walked confidently, now knowing where he was going and, started off towards the boys bathroom. he pushed open the door, looking in and he smiled, in satisfaction seeing a cloud of smoke. "zayn?" he asked, hopefully. "get lost kid," a dark voice said, making harry frown. that's definitely not zayn. harry rolled his eyes, and opened the door, preparing to leave but before he could a cold hand, grabbed his shoulder pulling him back making him yelp in surprise. "listen, don't you dare snitch, alright?" the voice said. harry nodded in agreement, "i w-wont." the guy snorted at harry's discomfort before letting him go.

when harry finally found zayn it was after he went to the book keeper's office, and explained his reasoning for needing zayn's contact information. he learned that zayn lived off campus, in a small apartment close to the university. it was a bit run down and seemed fairly old, but nothing too bad. harry knocked on the door, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "no answer?" harry thought. he knocked once more, biting his lip in confusion. he really hoped zayn hadn't stood him up or changed his mind after all the trouble he went through to get here.

finally, the door swung open. but, it still wasn't zayn. it was louis. "hey mate! sorry bout that. we um got a bit stoned and, eventually we passed out. zayn's in there washing his face, you can c'mon in, yeah?" harry nodded, walking in the door slowly glancing around, as louis closed the door behind him.

there were some pictures on the wall, of zayn and his family members. zayn was a cute kid. pictures of him and his sisters and mom and dad. harry looked at a small table by the front door. it seemed like they put mail and keys there, he leaned forward a bit, narrowing his eyes willing them to focus. pictures of what seemed like a baby louis with his sisters, and mother, some with his grandparents. harry turned to louis curiously, "you and zayn are roomates?" louis nodded and grinned, "yeah. we've been holed up in this same goddamed small, dengy flat with eachother for 2 years now. thinking about movin' out, but, s'not like we make much money," he shrugs. harry nodded in understanding and then bit his lip, hesitating to ask where they worked, not knowing if it was too intrusive or not. louis smiled, noticing his hesitation. "go ahead, lad. ask what you wanna ask." harry nodded and asked quietly. louis shrugged, "here, there, everywhere.." he stopped to chuckle at himself. "just whatever job pays well, currently. hell, i even worked a few shifts at the fast food place down town. now, zaynie, he's quite well off. m'not sure why we have to stay in this shitty flat though. but, he's what you call an art dealer. paints and sketches stuff, then he sells em' to the local museums and stuff. it pays quite well. once he got paid 3k for a painting. i mean, we blew it all in one week but, still. mainly though, his most stable job is tattooing." harry nodded and then furrowed his eyebrows curiously, "don't you have to be a certain age to be a legalized tattoo artist?" louis smiled, the skin by his eyes crinkling, "no no no. well, yes but, a close friend lets him freelance. he knows how talented he is. he actually wants to go to school for tattooing but, his parents won't let him. won't pay for it. they say its not worth anything and its not a structured job." harry nodded sympathetically.