Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story

Peggy's POV

"Eliza, I know you're excited, but this is the FOURTH TIME you've had to pee since we got here!" I sigh, squeezing her hand.

"I know," she squeaks, "but even during Hamilton's graduation I was nervous as hell. So whatcha gotta say about that, huh?"

I raise an eyebrow, until I see John walk towards me. I look back at Eliza. "My boyfriend's here, so I'm leaving, but remember that I have the best comebacks." Turning my nose up, I rush to John, and kiss him on the cheek.

"Hey babe!" he chuckles, hugging me to him. "How does it feel to almost be a junior in high school?"

I roll my eyes. "Like a lot of pressure is being put on me. Can you believe it's only been 2 years since I met you?"
"Honestly, no. Anyways, Alex is planning something HUGE, so just don't make him anxious, okay?"

"Um...okay...?"

He smiles, satisfied. (but angelica ain't *smirk*) We walk up to our seats, and I see Eliza standing in her graduation gown near the end of the line. I wave at her, and she smiles at me, although I can tell that she's nervous.

This is gonna take awhile.

..

Finally, after hours of waiting, the principal stands up and walks to the podium. 

"Ahem...testing....123...okay, hello fellow New Yorkers!" A few people cheer, and Principal Walker laughs. "We are all gathered here to celebrate the graduation of year 2019! (yeah i went back to make some time for my other book that's gonna be a sequel to this one) This class especially was one of my favorites. So, will all of the graduates please  walk onto the stage?"

Everyone piles onto the stage, and people whoop and clap. I hear someone scream, "BANG ME, JESSICA!" from the crowd. Then I shudder, because sick.

"Okay, okay, quiet down everyone. Now I'm going to ask everyone who prepared a speech to get ready, but first, let me make some announcements..."

He drones on about awards and the most well behaved students and teachers, until we finally get to the speeches. Eliza is going first, and the principal hands the mic to her.

She walks up to the podium and takes a deep breath, exchanging smiles with me and John and Ange, who just got here. "Hi, everyone! For those who don't know me, my name is Elizabeth Schuyler, but everyone just calls me Eliza. As some people may know, my junior year was pretty rough. My boyfriend told almost everyone that he slept with another woman. One of my favorite people died from leukemia, and my sister got really, REALLY sick for a long time. But honestly, what better way to experience something?
 I know that sounds kind of crazy, but looking back at it, I have a good story to tell. A good way to explain to my future kids and grandkids about how my year was. I've made so many memories, good and bad. I learned that you really have no control who lives, who dies, and who tells your story. All I know is that I'm telling the story of my life. The ups and downs, the mistakes and the wins. I wish everyone felt what I've felt, so they could catch a glimpse of the girl I really am.
To most of you, I'm shy, and quiet. But I have so much going on inside of me, and if everyone knew that, they would know how it actually is. I want people to know that even though high school may suck, you have a lot to look forward to, and a lot to look back on. No matter how difficult it is, it always gets better one way or another.
I just want to say thank you to my sisters, Peggy and Angelica. And thank you to John, Dad, Mom, and Alexander. I love all of you so very much, and honestly I can't think of what I would do without you. You've made me realize how much I really love being alive. Thank you to all of the people who have helped me, and I hope you all have an amazing life after high school."

The crowd erupts into applause, and I see Alexander rush onstage, holding something. 

Wait...

Could he be...

He grabs the microphone, and gets down on one knee. "Elizabeth Schuyler, I know you really hate early marriages, and for awhile, you also hated me. But I love you so much, even when I don't show it. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, whether that means dying tomorrow, or dying old. I don't care. I love you. Will you marry me?"

Eliza is crying, and she pulls Alexander into a kiss. "Yes!"

John looks at me, smiling. "I'm not proposing anytime soon, but I also love you, Peggy." I hug him, and honestly I can't remember a time when I was happier.

I run to Eliza and hug her tightly, and then hug Alexander.

Hopefully this doesn't mean she's getting pregnant anytime soon...

..

THIS IS NOT THE END!!!!

I am making a sequel to this maybe tomorrow or on Saturday. This was all my creativity had, and I honestly need a fresh start lol

thanks to all of you, especially

allwillynillyellabellaIoufrenchbaguette57, and dahliafield

for inspiring me and being really good friends! love y'all!

-dia