Love?: Eliza

On our date, Alexander asked me to be his girlfriend.

And I accepted.

Since then, there's been a lot of talk about us. Jefferson has been spreading rumors that we...got in bed if you know what I mean, which is very very untrue.

Plus, there's been something up with Ange lately. I know Peggy knows something because whenever I ask her, she acts all nonchalant and weird. That's when you know something's up. So now I'm in the bathroom, freaking out.

Today at lunch, a girl named Maria was talking about Alex and how "absolutely hot" he is.

Does no one even care that I'm right there???

Tonight, me and Alexander are going to a movie. He invited me to sort of ease the tension I think. 

But now that Peggy's started dating John, my work is done.

I hear voices outside, and I quickly pull up my feet onto the toilet seat.

The bathroom door opens, and I hear girls talking and laughing. "Oh my God, did you hear that Alexander Hamilton was dating that pussy, Elizabeth?" a voice says. Another voice chimes in. "Yeah, I heard that they couldn't even wait until they started dating to do it. God, I wish I was her," the girl sighs. I hear water running.

"Maybe we can catch them at the movies tonight. You distract Elizabeth, I'll take Alexander home," the first girl giggles.

"Jesus, Mari, you are so dirty!" the other girl teases, and they leave.

As soon as the door closes, I run out of the bathroom to find Alexander. Luckily, I know his schedule because we always meet outside of his classroom.

I rush to his class, which happens to be calc, and wave at him from outside.

I see him raise his hand and ask to go to the bathroom. The teacher nods, and he jogs into the hall with a worried look. "Everything okay, Betsey?"

I bite my lip and look down. "I-I heard..."

"What is it?"

I take a deep breath and go on. "There were these girls in the bathroom saying that they were going to take you home and...and I think you know what that means," I say, my chin shaking.

He puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Betsey, what makes you think I'd want to sleep with them when we haven't even had sex yet-"

"ALEX!"

"Sorry, sorry. But it's true. And I'd much rather be with you then some...then some girl who's saying things about me. Besides, you're the cutest one in eleventh grade," he says.

I smile at him. "You always know just what to say."

He leans down and kisses me, smiling. "That's my job, babe. Now, can I go back to calc now?"

I nod, and hug him tightly.

..

Alex picks me up around six to watch some rom-com he's been wanting to see. I'm wearing jeans and a blush-pink sweater.

"Hey, love," he says with a kiss.

Love?

"H-hey," I stammer.

He smirks and wraps an arm around my waist. "What, am I making you nervous?" he murmurs, nuzzling my neck.

"No!"

"Okay," he says, and we walk to his car.

The movie is great, but I'm mostly just watching for some girl to start flirting with Alex. I stay close to him the whole night, and am relieved when the movie ends.

Until I see two girls watching us.

Alex walks to the exit, and I grip his hand tightly, and tell him to just laugh like I said something funny. I notice the girls glaring at me and rolling their eyes.

I let out a sigh when we pass them, and hurry Alex to his car.

"What, are you planning on doing something?" he asks with a chuckle.

I look at him with wide eyes. "W-what??? NO!" I gasp, maybe being a little too dramatic.

"Okaaaay," he says, squeezing my hand.

I sit in the passenger seat of his car, waiting for the heat to turn on. It's really cold. I notice Alexander looking at me, and I turn and look at him. "Yeah, what is it?" I ask, my brow furrowed. 

"Just thinking about how pretty you are."

I blush. "Aw, thanks, babe!" I say.

"Eliza, I've been thinking about this for a long time and I'm finally ready to say it," he whispers, looking away from me.

"Go ahead."

"I love you," he says, and takes my hand. "You're beautiful, smart, funny, and most of all, you're my soulmate."

I cover my mouth in surprise.

"You know what?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you too, Alex."

He smiles at me, and kisses me softly. I let it linger for awhile, then pull away. "Wanna get out of here?" I ask.

"Yes," he says.

..

there you guys go.

sorry it's been a while. ran out of ideas :p

LOVE YOU xoxo

-dia