Five

Violet's POV

"Wakey, wakey Bitch" Leah growls as she chucks a pen and note pad at me. "You probably want some answer, ha. Well, I'm not one to be cruel-"

"Ha, that's a joke right?" I say with full confidence. My answer must have shocked her because she ceases talking and squints her eyes. She walks over to me, bends down, and smacks me across the face. Without any hesitation, I spit at her face as retaliation.

"You BITCH!" She yells while clawing at her face. "Now listen here, you little tawt. You took my Tate from me. He's supposed to marry me! He's going to keep my family rich. So, I'm going to have to keep you here until the wedding. But don't worry, I'm looking for a friend." She smirks and flicks the light on. "Look around at your new home, Violet." She chuckles as she unchains me but holds a gun towards me, warning me not to try anything. I glance around and am shocked. It's a mini apartment with a kitchenette, living room with a sofa, and a bathroom. "Like what you see?" She asks genuinely, which scares me because how psychotic can one be to actually believe anyone would enjoy being held captive. "You're going to write a letter to Tate letting him know I tried to scare you but didn't hurt you. Also, you're going to tell him you don't want to speak with him again. My dad took care of the mandatory therapy sessions. You're a free woman." she laughs deviously, "Sort of." And with that she trots up the ladder and closes a latch.

I give myself a tour and notice a TV and PlayStation down here but no computer; I suppose she doesn't want me to reveal where I'm being held. I hear muffled arguments between Leah and a man who isn't Tate, who I assume is her father. Unfortunately, I can hear everything that goes on upstairs. Instead of staying upset I begin to write the letter, as instructed.

Dear Tate,

Don't worry, I'm fine. Leah just tried to scare me. I left and am not coming back. I can't handle being seen as a psycho anymore. I'm sorry. Marry Leah, she told me what happened. Be happy and never change.

Love always,

Violet

That's all she's getting out of me. While re-reading it I start to bawl my eyes out at my own words. I'm really falling for him. This is a feeling I've never experience and its cut short because of a bitter and greedy woman-child. Why does she have to do this?

After five minutes of nearly drowning in my thoughts I leave the note on the table and lay on the couch to turn on Supernatural and drift to sleep. Yelling from upstairs wakes me, so I concentrate on listening. After muting the television and really concentrating, I realize it's Tate. "What have you done with her, Leah? I know she wouldn't just leave without an explanation!" I smile at Tate's concern for me but frown when I hear Leah's squeaky voice. I immediately spin go the table to look for the nite in hopes that she hadn't retrieved it yet but of course it's gone.

"Tate, sh, calm down baby. She left this letter with me. I'm sorry. I guess it was just a fling." Tears stream down my face as his sobs quiet down. "She left a letter. Here, read it." I scream and kick in retaliation and hopes of getting Tate's attention but neither of them seem to hear me.

"Tate, you have to know, what you heard my father say wasn't true. Yes, at first he forced me to be in a relationship with you but somewhere along the line, I fell in love with you. I need you, Tate. And I know a week ago you loved me too. It doesn't go away like that." I felt like I was listening to a poorly written drama. But apparently Tate buys her story because moments later hear muffled cries. Then they're quiet and although I don't know what's going on I assume they're 'making up'. Of course my mind won't allow me to forget the image of them kissing. In attempts to ease my mind, I go back to staring blankly at the television but am disturbed yet again by the moaning coming from above. "Tate!" She screams, well aware that I can hear her. I let out a few more sobs then drift to sleep.