Prologue

PROLOGUE

            Fresh blood splattered across the floor, stopping less than an inch from the boy’s feet. Raising his confused gaze from the mess beneath him, he looked up at the victim. Her brilliant blue eyes widened in a mix of shock and fear, as her hands sprung desperately to her open wound. Losing blood fast, her knees buckled dropping her limp body to the ground. A gasp choked out of her mouth, as she hit the blood-splattered floor. There was a hint of new fear filled her shaking body once she saw the blood she knew was hers. As the knowledge that she was going to die finally sunk in, she looked pleadingly to the crowd of huddled students. The boy just stood there watching. He thought over and over that maybe he should help, but then again… he didn’t help the other. Another body lay in the corner with a single bullet wound bleeding out of the lifeless form. Unlike the other girl, she was shot in the head. A much quicker death. The dying girl choked desperately, trying to breathe through the blood, but it was no use. She was done for. The boy blinked a few time, trying to comprehend the site he saw. He knew she was hurting and he wanted to help, but he also knew what would happen if he did help.

            “Hey!” A rough voice barked, snapping him out of his trance. The boy looked innocently with a small smile at the man glaring at him. “You want to be good?” The man asked with a mad tone to his voice. The boy nodded blankly, awaiting his command. “Take this.” The man ordered, outstretching his free hand, which contained a small revolver. “Shoot.” He snarled happily, as the boy locked his unsure fingers around the trigger. “Shoot.” He repeated, losing his temper. When the boy didn’t shoot, the man snarled bitterly. “Shoot!” He repeated again, smashing the boy brutally across the face with the butt of his own revolver. “If you don’t I will.” He snarled, aiming it directly at the boy’s forehead just as he’d done to the first girl. Tracing the angle of he gun up to his own forehead, the boy gave the man an innocent smile. He still loved him even with a gun at his head. Lightly he rubbed the bruise on his cheek, wincing at the pain. More was to come if he didn’t act and he knew it. He also knew that the man knew best.

            Without a second though, the boy raised the gun to his chest. As his fingers locked tighter around the trigger he saw a look of pride beam in the man’s eyes. With an accomplished smile ear to ear, the boy turned to the feared crowd. It was full of students. Some his age and some older, but none he knew by name. None knew him. There were also several adults. They looked just like the police from TV with their uniforms and bulletproof vests. “Put it down son.” One of the policemen pled, taking a step from the crowd and raising his arms in surrender. “I wont hurt you or your brother.” He promised, outstretching his hand to the boy. “Just give me the gun. You don’t need blood on your hands.” The boy cocked his head to the side. He didn’t understand why they would hurt him. What had he done wrong? He turned again to his brother who still had his revolver locked on his head. He always did what was right.

            “Shoot.” His brother mouthed the words eagerly, a smirk cracking on his lips. With a grin on his face the boy nodded and turned to the crowd once more, taking a deep breath. As he raised his arms once more another shot rang in his ears. But it wasn’t his. Instantly, he dropped the gun in shock and was tackled to the ground by another police officer. Struggling to breathe, the boy was lifted to his feet and hand cuffed immediately. He didn’t struggle. He knew not to. Desperately he searched for his brother amongst the crowd, but he was nowhere to be seen. As the policemen forced him down the stairs the boy caught a glimpse of his brother. His eyes were wide in a permanent look of shock fastened on the pool of new blood on the ground. His blood.

            “Alex....?” The boy’s voice cracked hoping for a reply, as he was forced to look away. “Alex?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi lovelies! I hope you liked it. Sorry it was so short, but if you guys like it I'll continue :) 

comment/ vote/ fan <3 <3