chapter 1

AT LONDON

ANGEL (THEA) POV:

Beep beep beep
Beep beep beep

Waking up to this annoying alarm every day is a headache, suddenly feeling immense pain in my body. I pull my shirt up to see a black and purple bruise on my ribs, stomach, and everywhere, etc. With great difficulty, I stand up, feeling a sharp pain between my legs.

And then I heard a scream from downstairs it was mom, and then I noticed it was 7:37 it was so late . I heard someone racing upstairs, the door burst opened and I saw my furious mother standing in front of me .

She held my hair tightly and pulled me with her downstairs and there I saw my father sitting on the dining table smoking he smirked and let my mother keep kicking me . Once she was finished I had to cook them their breakfast and after that I cleaned the house with this brutal pain that I was feeling by that it was 9:00 and again I was late to school again .

I went upstairs and started changing clothes then I heard that someone opened the door and looked outside the window and saw my parents leaving .

I went to school and got detention for coming late .It was history class then and on the way saw Jason the bully dropping something on my desk , teachers usually ignore everything so as I went to my table and then I saw the usual writings ,drawings etc on my table but there was water and red paint which was new but I had to sit through this as it will only be a headache if I complain to the teachers . And as this class ended the teacher left and I felt Jason pulling my hair and then every one in the classroom started throwing something at me and I didn't move , how could I, I knew that I was weak and in pain all I did was ignore them that's all I could could do , as another teacher entered she asked us to settle down ignoring everything that was happening.

As the school ended, I had to stay for 45 minutes more because of detention and be late for work .

I was late for my work too but thank god George was not present at that moment but his wife snitched on me , I did my work as fast as I could pretending that I was not late , I went home before George could come.

It was 7:30 pm and I was really really late my parents could come any time . I unlock my door and went inside .Thankfully my parents were not home . I started making pasta with the shortest recipe. I was so hungry and tired . I started eating some expired frozen food that was in the fridge.

-------SLAM-------

I heard the door open, which means my parents are home, and by their style I knew that they didn't had a good day , which means I am going to die tonight.

I quickly tried to throw the food away but by mistake I dropped the plate .

I turned around and I saw my mom and dad standing, and that moment I knew I would get the worst beating ever for eating without permission and for dropping plate.

"what are you doing bloody cow ?!" my mother growled at me .

I was so scared that all of a sudden my shoes looked interesting.

"can you please tell me useless crap , why you were you freaking late for work." my mom glared at me .

my mom came forward to hit me but father came in to help her .he stopped her and held my chin tightly between his thumb and index finger and made me look in his hell of a eyes .

He calmly asked me "Sweety did you made dinner if yes then your punishment will be less , but babe if not then I am sorry I can't help it ." his calmness made shivers run down to my spine .

I said stuttering"Nno it will be ready in few minutes."

"oh no baby ." said dad.

and then I felt a strong pain on my ribs .I saw that my father punched me on the ribs and I fell down due to the pain and started crying and whimpering .

I gathered some courage and said "dad please ah I am sorry please ah stop , I will not do this ever again please stop."

" oh shut up bitch you said that yesterday and you know that we don't like it when you eat without our permission ."

"I am so sorry for eating ah please I haven't eaten anything in past 3 days .I was hungry I am sorry." as soon as I said this , he started hitting me more .

" so what shit an 11 years old shouldn't eat so much . look at you ,you're so fat . you should loss some weight." dad said.

Mom was standing at the corner laughing at me . I don't know what I have done to them so that they can hurt me so much , I know they said that I don't look like them but this does not give them the reason to beat and hate me .

another reason is that I'm smart .Smarter than any other 11 years old . Doctors have performed tests on me and figured out that I had photographic and audiographic memory. so everything i see and hear is permanently stuck in my head . From the day they first hit me till today I remember everything .

then my mom grabbed me by my hair and made me look at the knife she is holding .just by looking at that big knife I started shaking and started begging her not to use that thing at me. she stabbed me in my thigh thrice and twisted it and left me there to bleed....

black dots started appearing infront of my eyes. the last thing I heard was my parents laugh before slipping into the darkness..

My eyes fluttered open, I was out for maybe 9 hours or something it was 5am . I was on the kitchen floor in a pool of my own blood . I sat up hissing in pain , I cleaned the mess . I went to my room without making any noise . I saw my parents sleeping on couch with beer bottles around . I tip toed my room quickly and went in the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror I lift my shirt and saw my skin is filled with black , blur and purple colours.Tears started to form in my eyes when I remember about last night.

I hissed as the water touched my body . I washed all the dried blood off . I grabbed the first aid under the bed and started treating my wounds and bruises .

I used all the makeup which I have stolen from my mother to hide my bruises. I was wearing a baggy hoodie so that I can hide the bruises on my arms . I took 2 painkillers , and got ready for school , shoving my books in my torn back pack .

then I started my 40-minutes walking journey to school.

I was welcomed to school by being tripped by the cheerleader . I was in so much pain , I got up and ran to the washroom and cried for being weak and helpless . then the bell ranged and I proceeded to 1st class.

everything went well till 6th class.

then I wished I never went to school today , my life completely changed after 6th lecture.

...........................................................

this is my first story . I am really sorry for any grammatical mistakes ...

thank you.
❤️❤️😘