The beginning

I woke up and rolled on my side. My eyes shot open as i saw the clock saying its 10am "Fuck!! I'm late again boss is going to kill me!!" I whined

I ran out the door as fast as i could in the cold morning rain. I barged through the front door of the huge office building. Hair wet, Clothes dripping, i start to walk to my work area untill I hear my boss yell. "Y/N...MY OFFICE...NOW"

"Yes sir?" I said while finding a seat in bosses office. "Why are you always late y/n? I know you don't hate the job because you're apart of the top staff...So tell me, What's going on?"

I look down at the floor, hair hanging down on my face. i clench my legs and grab my arm squeezing it softly.

*Sigh* "Boss look, I've been very stressed lately my mother just passed very mysteriously with no evidence at all. My family is struggling and their all asking for my help. All the pressure is on me, I'm literally the only one who can help them. So its hard you know? I'm only 20, I'm very young. i can't carry everyone on my damn back" i say in a shaky voice with a tear dropping down my face

Boss walks over to me and goes on one of his knees and lifts my head up by my chin.
"Listen y/n, i told you already you can just call me L okay? I've known you since high school. I'm glad you opened up to me k?"

I put my head down again trying to hold in tears.
"Hey...Hey y/n look at me okay? Look me in the eyes"  He lifts my head up again but pushes my hair out of my face and strokes my right cheek.

"Don't cry okay? I'm here to help you, Anything you need I'm here for you. If you need me to come over later i will. Everything's going to be fine" he wipes youre cheek free of tears and gets up off his knees.

"We'll talk more about this later, For now we both need to get back to work kay?"

"Yes...L"

I get up and walk towards the door and grab the handle glancing back at L before finally walking out.

Time passes by to the end of the work day

"That was a pretty good day of work i guess" i say in my head as I'm packing up, getting ready to walk towards the exit door.

Right as everyone is walking towards the exit to go home, a loud speaker that's all around the whole city blast these words.

"EVERYONE BE CAREFUL, THERE IS A MURDERER WHO CAN INSTANTLY KILL BY THE IDENTIFICATION OF YOU'RE FACES. STAY INSIDE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND KEEP MASKS ON FOR YOU'RE OWN SAFETY. PLEASE AND THANK YOU"

"Wtf was that about?" I say in my head. I feel a tap on my shoulder, turning to see L. "Y/N we have work to do, I'm Driving you home today understand? There's nothing you can do about it. Come on we're leaving NOW."

L yanks me by the arm pushing and shoving everyone in our way. He pulls me closer behind him now running towards the car...He opens the door for me pushing me in there while quietly apologizing. He runs towards the driver's side and hops in.

*The car starts* "I'm so sorry for pulling you like that y/n, I was just trying to make sure you was safe and as close to me as possible. Since the murderer can identify anyone by the face we cant trust anyone. I hope you understand"

"Yes i understand...What was that "Work" the we need to do?"

"Oh yeah about that" he giggles "we're not going to you're house y/n, we're going to my real job. The job that made me the world's most famous detective. You're my partner now. We're going to find that evil bastard"

"WHAT?? WHY?? I DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS!!"

"Sorry not sorry, now shut up and relax its a hour away. Kick back and relax if you need to i honestly could care less just stop fucking yelling jesus christ"

Authors note: I'm so sorry for being late with this chapter and i apologize for making it super short- i didn't think that anyone would see this story bruh 😭😭

751 words