The next Step

Open on a close-up of a pool of black slime in a dark red and purple land. A large paw emerged from within the slime and a Beowolf gradually crawled out, slime sliding off of it and onto the ground.

The camera panned out to show several such pools and many Beowolves emerging. It pulled further and further out to show a mostly dark and desolate land made up of red ground, purple crystals, and a red and black clouded sky.

The images shimmered and we saw Mercury and Emerald reflected in a window, watching from inside a high building. Emerald had her hand to her mouth while Mercury seemed slightly disgusted. A gloved hand appeared between two purple crystal formations and snapped its fingers.

A wide shot revealed a large windowed room, at the center of which was a long purple, crystal table. Five people sat at the table with seven chairs. One of them was Cinder. Emerald and Mercury moved away from the window.

There was a close-up of the man sitting across from Cinder, Arthur Watts. He was looking at his Scroll.

Next was the man to Cinder's right, Tyrian Callows. He sat in a crouch casually on his chair, resting his arms on his knees.

Across from Tyrian was Hazel Rainart. His arms were crossed, and he looked asleep.

Between Hazel and Arthur was Edelgard. She rested her chin over her fingers and looked at the table. As if she was in thoughts.

Cinder sat quietly, while Mercury and Emerald moved to her side. Emerald nudged Mercury out of her way so that she could be directly next to Cinder.

Watts: Yes, yes, please keep your posse in check.

Mercury grunted and made a move toward Watts, but Emerald held him back.

Watts: You hear that? Silence. *Edelgard snickers lightly*

Hazel gave Watts an unimpressed sideways glance.

Watts: I've half a mind to thank the little girl that bested you.

Tyrian: If I were you, I'd hunt her down. *snickers* Find her and, well, she took your eye, didn't she? And a petite woman ripped your arm off as well. How funny.

Edelgard: And she shall be a dragon. What a nonesense. *thinks* For once I give this child of the goddess the chance to act.

Cinder only stared at Tyrian while he cackled at her. Cinder tried to speak but only managed to make quiet exhaling noises. Emerald leaned in to hear her.

Watts: Pathetic. Why did you even—

There was a sound of a heavy metal door being unlatched. The doors opened and everyone standed just before Salem entered. She glided alongside the table with soft footsteps before reaching the head of it, jewels jangling from her hair. Salem stopped, facing away from them and toward a candle and crystal display.

Salem: Watts.

Watts straightened, looking toward her.

Salem: *turns* Do you find such malignance necessary?

She gestured for all to sit down.

Watts: I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure.

Watts and Salem sat simultaneously.

Salem: Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, and most importantly, killed dear Ozpin. So I'm curious, to what failures are you referring?