1: It all started with a rant

They were all at Matty's place, minding their own business.

Layla was laying on her stomach, reading a magazine probably about the latest adventure of a celebrity. She used one hand for turning the page over, but the other was twisting one of her locks of hair.

Kyle was tapping fast on his phone, playing a game. It was a hard game you could tell by the way he had his tongue hanging out of his mound.

Matty was trowing a ball repeatedly at the ceiling. You could see that he has done this many times before, because their were many spots the shape of the ball on the ceiling. 

Tiara was painting her nails with one of the many bottles of Layla. Layla collected nail polish and had more than 80 bottles. Tiara was going for the colour yellow, it was a colour that would look too extreme on most, but it suited Tiara just perfect.

Jean was doing nothing. But by the way he frowned you could tell that there was a lot going on in his mind. 

It was quiet apart from the repeatedly noise of the ball bumping against the ceiling, and every 5 minutes a page being turned over by Layla.

"You know what's really stupid?" Jean his voice had broken the quiet and for a moment no one could react and it became quiet again.

A grin appeared on Layla's face "Another rant? Hooray"

Jean didn't even look up and went immediately to talking. "The same town, the same school, the same class, the same people. Every fucking day. Doesn't it drives you crazy that there is whole world out there, and a billion different people? And yet we are forced to go to the same place every day? And meet the same people every day? It's just insane."

He went with both his hands through his hair in frustration and looked then at the others, waiting for a reaction.

It was quiet again, like the world had stopped moving. The four looked all at Jean, letting his words really get them. It was Tiara who broke the silence.

"Then let's leave." and she stood up, like she was ready to leave at this very moment.

Matty stared in surprise at Tiara, he had thought that they would just laugh his rant off like they did at most times. But this time he had really made a point.

"She is right" said Layla, "complaining won't change anything."

"You know," started Kyle. "I totally agree on this. I was bored of this town the moment I was born."

They all looked at Matty because he hadn't said anything yet. "Matty? Your thoughts?" Asked Jean.

Matty kept looking at the ball in his hand, turning it over. "People aren't meant to stay in the same place, why else do we have feet and legs?"

Kyle started screaming "DOES THIS MEAN A ROAD TRIP?"