3:Layla

Author's note

Hey everyone, i just want to say thanks to everyone who read and voted for this story. It means a lot to me.

The following chapters are going to be a bit different, it's going to be about Matty, Layla, Jean and Tiara asking their parents if they can go on the road trip. I wanted to do this so you can see the home situation of them and understand the characters a bit more. 

I know that this is a slow story, but i really like these characters and want to explain them enough. 

Have fun reading. xxx

Layla

She stormed into the kitchen, stopped in the middle of the room, spread her arms like she was pretending to be a bird and yelled "I have an announcement!"

Layla had blond hair that looked metallic and fell straight down like a waterfall. Her gray eyes and dark eye make up made her look a bit scary, but that was exactly what she wanted.

Her father, mother and little brother were in the kitchen. She expected them to look with full attention at her, but they looked more annoyed. It wasn't a big surprise that they were annoyed, there were few days were Layla came home without having to make a big announcement.

Her mother tried first to fake her interest "What is it sweetie?"

Layla turned around to smile at her mother, "I'm going on a road trip." She smiled even more when she finished the sentence.

Now she had caught their attention. Her dad looked up from behind the paper and her mom almost dropped the plates she was about to set on the table. "What?" they both said in unison.

"I'm going on a road trip with Tiara, Jean, Matty and Kyle!" Her bright smile still on her face.

"If she goes, I'm going too" Said Layla's little brother Caleb.

"No, honey you can't go, and I'm not sure if your sister can go either." said her mom.

"Wait, what?" asked Layla, and the smile was wiped right of her face.

"I agree with your mother, you are only..."

"already seventeen dad." said Layla, interrupting her father.

Her mother rolled her eyes "Layla, seventeen is still young. I don't know if I should let you go."

"But mom please..." pleaded Layla whilst pressing her hands together as if she was praying. This meant a lot to her, it has always been a dream of hers to leave this place behind. She was born for adventures, and she knew that. And her mother probably did too. But as all mothers had her mother trouble with letting her go, but she knew she had to.

"I need to discuss this with your dad in private" she said.

Layla turned around and went back outside, trying to keep the smile of her face. Because she knew that discuss with your father meant yes.

Yes, she could go. She walked through her garden to the swing set. And she sat on the swing, slowly swinging while watching the sunset and trying to imagine the adventures that waited for her. Her bright smile never leaving her face.