2: It's the journey that counts

Jean his eyes widened "A road trip? That's brilliant,  and we are all 17 so we can all drive."

"Yeah and we can take the old pick up" added Kyle. The old pick up was Kyle his car, he was the only one of them who had a car, so he had to drive them everywhere.

"Yes, this plan is so perfect!" Screamed Matty while clapping in his hands like a seal.

"We are still missing something though" Said Layla while looking at her perfectly painted nails.

"Care to tell us?" asked Matty while putting his hand on his hip in annoyance.

"We need a destination." Stated Layla as she crossed her arms and looked up at Matty with a bitchy stare. Yes, sometimes Layla acted as a bitch. But, and she would never admit it herself, she only did that because she was really insecure of herself. You could say that her bitchiness, was her self defense system.

"What?" asked Matty.

Layla sighed, "Well every road trip has got to have a goal, where do we want to go?" she continued.

It was all quiet for a moment, they were all thinking about what Layla just had said. Where to go?

"Grand Canyon" suggested Tiara, it was the first thing that jumped into her head. She had never been there, but from what she had heard and what she had seen on photographs it looked amazing. And they say that the real thing always looks a million times better than a photograph.

"God that is so basic. Everyone takes a road trip to the grand canyon, we need something new, something insane" Said Matty.

"Disney world?" asked Kyle, his eyes lighting up.

"Oh my god yes!" Said Tiara.

"But guys Florida is only one state away, that would be a very short road trip." said Jean.

Kyle made some weird disappointed sound and stared at his feet.

Tiara thought it was really sad how disappointed Kyle looked, and she also really wants to go to Disney world herself so she suggested "But what about we pass through Florida on the way, and go to Disney world then?"

Kyle looked up immediately and his eyes had that light in them and his face carried a grin. Tiara smiled as she saw that, happy that she had made him happy again.

"Yeah we could totally do that." Said Matty. "But we still need a destination, we can't just drive around without a purpose."

"But why not?" started Jean, "it's not the destination that counts but the journey."

"So just driving around, without bringing a map or anything?" asked Kyle.

"Yeah, why not? We might bump into some interesting place that way." said Layla.

They all looked at each other, a smile on their faces. Not knowing that this would be the start of their great adventure.