-2- pt 2

Previously

Their hearts sank, wondering if a group of bandits were the cause of this. They thought about their families, the citizens of their town. Pure terror on their face when they meet the face of death.

And they weren't there to save them

————————————————————————

There's hope for Erwin, determination filled his eyes,he couldn't give up; his father never taught him how. He thought about the town..
How was everyone? Were they ok?
He can only hope they're alright
...
Memories of his father floated his mind, memories of his early training as the next town sheriff. His father taught him the basics, like how to shoot a gun and all that stuff.Erwin hardly went to school by the time he turned 12; his father thought that was the appropriate age for him to start his training. He was taught everything he knew by his father, from his skills as a sheriff and knowledge about science and literature; so in a way he was his teacher.

"One day you'll be sheriff, so as sheriff you have a big responsibility. Everyone will be counting on you my boy."

It is a big responsibility but it was his job as a Smith to take it- for the family name of course. He never thought about it when he visited the Dust.

"But you won't be alone, you'll be the officer's boss from every border. I'm sure you'll be every one's hero"

...

Screams drew his attention back to reality-he was back- back to the second border

But he was too late

He whipped his horse once more and made it to town; searched everywhere for the culprits.

People were screaming, buildings were on fire. He noticed his men from this border to be helping the citizens calming down, but it seems like they could use help. Is what he thought. He took a quick thought about it before he turned to his men

"Half of you search with me for bandits, the other half help the civilians"

He took off, not a moment to spare.

It took a while, but one by one they found some bandits; they looked like rookies... he had his men tie them up. After some time his men managed to control the smoke and citizens, which was good on his note. He talked to them, hoping they would tell him what had happened before he arrived

Apparently the bandits came by and set some buildings on fire, the officers of their town chased the bad boys out of town. It seemed like the rookies stayed back and caused more damage to the town.

Damn it

Before he could think of his next move he saw movement from the corner of his eyes

The officers came back

They told Erwin that they chased the bandits as fast as they could but they were losing them; drifting further away from their area they decided to give up so they wouldn't get lost.

This made Erwin disappointed, but nodded anyways. With the rookies tied up Erwin thought of locking them up at the higher guarded prison back at the third border, just so he could keep a closer eye on them, and hopefully get some answers about their group.

"Come on men, let's head back."