CHAPTER ONE.

CHAPTER ONE:
a very unhappy birthday, part one.

   "Five, six, seven, eight," Gwen calls out as she watches her cheer team perform the new cheer routine

Gwen lets out a scream, as a bubbly blonde jumps on her back. "Well, well, well," she smiles. "If it isn't the birthday girl finally gracing us with her presence."

"I'm sorry! Jesse and I ditched to celebrate, he had this whole date planned out and it was so cute! I can't wait to tell you everything!" Heather squeals to her best friend.

Gwen playfully scoffs. "Well it would have been nice to know you were gonna ditch, I wouldn't have gone all out on your locker."

"You decorated my locker?" Heather grins happily.

Gwen pulls back in offense. "Of course, I decorated your locker, it's tradition! Also, try not to ditch our sleepover tonight, yeah??"

Heather hums. "Mm I don't know I'll have to think about it," she jokes trailing off as she sees Gwen's glare. "Ugh, I guess I'll be there."

"You will be there," Gwen threatens, her head nodding up and down. The brunette turns around looking at her squad who's now sitting on the grass. "Practice over!" She calls out before gripping her best friend's arm and dragging her off the field and into the locker room.

Heather takes a seat at the bench as Gwen gathers her stuff. Gwen glances at Heather who's on her phone, her eyebrows furrowed. "Making a mental list of who didn't wish you happy birthday so you can do the same?"

Heather rolls her eyes. "I'm not as petty as you," she retorts, the brunette shrugging in response. Heather sighs, "Stiles texted me."

Gwen raises her eyebrow before shutting her locker and leaning against it. "Texted you as in wishing you a happy birthday or texted you as in some 'hey long time no talk'?"

"He said happy birthday."

"Okay, then why do you look upset?" Gwen asks, adjusting her stance against the locker.

Heather shrugs. "I kind of miss him, we all used to be so close and then this past year we rarely heard from him."

"It happens," Gwen says mindlessly, she wasn't one to worry about people who leave her life. If it's meant to be, it will be. Gwen smirks, "You sure this isn't about your little crush on him?"

"Oh my god!" Heather stresses, while holding her face. "That was in seventh grade and it didn't even last that long!"

"Oh please!" Gwen denies. "You were totally obsessed with him! 'Gwen did you see Stiles today? He looked so cute in his Star Wars shirt!' 'Stiles hugged me today and he smelt so good!' 'I hope Stiles will give me a Valentine's candygram!'" Gwen mocks, making her voice high pitched and squishing her cheeks with her hands.