CHAPTER TWO.

CHAPTER TWO:
a very unhappy birthday, part two.

   The sound of pop music pumps through Gwen's house

   The sound of pop music pumps through Gwen's house. Kids splashing into the pool, hanging out on the couch, or in her friend's cases: hanging out around the kitchen and just chatting.

Heather smiles and giggles as she recounts a memory of Gwen daring Stiles to put his head through the stair bannister for five dollars.

"I can't believe you did that!" Heather laughs with a shake of her head.

"Yeah well five dollars as a five year old means rich, so..." Stiles explains, a fond smile on his face. "I didn't even get my five dollars," he pouts as he recounts the memory. There was butter, firefighters, and a very angry Sheriff Stilinski but no five dollars.

Heather snorts. "Leave it to Gwen."

Stiles scoffs, taking a sip from his red cup. As much as he loves to act like he can't stand the brunette, he knows that they will always have an irreplaceable bond. Their mothers were childhood friends who spent practically every waking second with each other. They were ecstatic when they found out they were both pregnant, Stiles' dad liked to joke that it was like he married conjoined twins. Stiles and Gwen's lives have always been intertwined since the moment they were born, and unknowing to the brunet boy, they were about to intertwine a hell of a lot more.

"Has anyone seen Gwen?" Brett interrupts the two.

Heather purses her lips. "I haven't seen her since she went to get ice," she informs him with the shake of her head.

Stiles shrugs. "She's probably reigning her terror on some poor hopeless kid."

Brett shakes his head, his gut telling him something is off. "She never brought the ice," he insists.

"What?" Heather asks, standing up from her leaning position.

Stiles eyebrows furrow as he puts his cup down. His brown eyes connect with Heather's blue ones, silently agreeing to start looking for their third musketeer.

Brett picking up on their silent conversation, interrupts, "She keeps the ice in the basement." He tells the two leading them to the room mentioned.

The towering blond quickly makes his way down the stairs. The three teens looking around for any sight of the missing brunette. The sound of water dripping catches the werewolfs attention, he instantly follows the sound. The view of two bags of half melted ice sitting in a large puddle came into his line of sight.

"What the hell?" Heather whispers, confusion lacing her voice.

Brett crouches down, his blue eyes closing while he inhales a breath of air through his nose. He immediately becomes alarmed, distress instantly filling his senses and causing him to stumble back.