Chapter 14

Robert sighed.
"What?"
She asked.
"You know that I've never been in a real relationship, I'm knew in this. I don't know what I have to do. I won't never be a good boyfriend, because I don't even know how I should start. I would never be like everyone else."
"I know."
"And... Y-you're okay with all of this?"
"Yeah. I know you're new in this thing, but I don't want to be with everyone else, I want to be with you. No matter what."
She saw his eyes crinkle while he showed her his smile.
"So, now what?"
He asked, holding her tight.
"Joy?"
She answered.
'Ten, nine, eight..'
People started counting down inside the club.
And in a moment every fear disappeared.
In a moment, Alaska stopped thinking about Josh, how he broke her heart, how she felt sad and broken for a long time.
In a moment, Robert stopped thinking about his past and his demons.
For once, everything was fine.
'Seven, six, five, four..'
"I was thinking that... Maybe, I should take you on a date. If you want too."
She smiled widely.
"I would love to go on a date with you, Mr. Downey."
'Three, two, one... Happy New Year!!!'

"So, you like me."
He said smirking, sitting on the couch.
"I like you. And so, you like me."
She said sitting next to him.
"Yeah."
Robert whispered pulling her in his arms.
They lay down without saying a word.
The only one who was speaking was the silence, making them think about everything. A sweet silence just to say that everything was okay and that happiness was allowed to everyone.
He turned his face and she did too, looking into each other eyes.
Robert giggled.
"What?"
"Nothing."
He said smiling and leaned over for a kiss.
She replied smiling too.
"Tell me."
She said giving him another quick kiss.
"You're cute."
Alaska blushed looking down.
"You know, I think I'm starting to like being with someone. Being with you."
She smiled widely.
"Yeah?"
"Yup. It's different. It's better."
"Even if we didn't have sex yet?"
"It's strange to say but, yes. You make me feel better, Alaska McCartney."
Alaska smiled widely, she could never imagine that Robert could be so sweet. It was his first relationship and she could see he was trying to do his best, just for her, and this was the most beautiful thing he could ever do.
When he talked with other people she could sense how he became cold, how he used just small sentence to answer, but with her he was just another person, like if the good part of him came out only when he was with her.
Only one thing was always on her mind.
Her parents didn't know yet.
They didn't know that they were together. She didn't spoke to them after Christmas, her mother sent her lots of text everyday but her answers were only "yes", "no", "okay" and "good".
But she couldn't stop thinking what will happen when they'll find out.
What a mess.
"Have you write a song or did you just sing cover?"
"I-i wrote something, why?"
"Really? Let me hear it!"
He frowned.
"What? No, it isn't so good."
"Please."
She said looking down.
He sighed.
"Fine."
Robert said getting up and taking his guitar.
"Uhm, it's called 'the first war'."
She chuckled noticing how he didn't use to do that kind of things in front of other people.

"Look what I have built: a castle without a king, above the floweriest hill, now it's mud and dust

My sun and my moon tried to give up on me
And I believed to be alone without a weapon, a horse, a goodbye.

The first war I have fought is still inside of me,
A thousand and more times I've already fallen and reborn more like me."

She looked at him with wide eyes.
He was so good like always, but this time it was his song, his thoughts, his feelings.

"How many weapons I've already forged, I will invented a thousand and more.
How many skins I've already changed to not be recognized.
But my enemy is clever and
He live and laugh inside of me,
I believed to be alone but the best enemy is me.

The first war I have fought is still inside of me,
A thousand and more times I've already fallen and reborn more like me.
Put the hand ahead of the heart, hit me, I don't beg for mercy.
Tear apart my best shields, I've nothing to lose.

Ohohohohoh
Ohohohohoh

I believed to be alone bogged down from god,
I believed to be alone but the best enemy is me.

The first war I have fought is still inside of me,
A thousand and more times I've already fallen and reborn more like me.
Put the hand ahead of the heart, hit me, I don't beg for mercy.
Tear apart my best shields, I've nothing to lose.

I've nothing to lose."

"Robert it was so good!"
She said clapping her hands.
"You really like it?"
"Yeah! I love the words and the sound and if you mix this two with your voice, it's just... Wonderful."
Robert blushed a little but she didn't notice it.
It was the first time he sang one of his songs to another person. It felt strange but right at the same time.
It was easier to sing in front of her and she liked him.
"Thank you."

"So where are you going to take me to dinner?"
"To a restaurant."
She chuckled.
"Tell me something I don't know."
He chuckled too, parking the car.
Alaska looked around noticing she didn't know that place. Once inside, she could see it was a little restaurant but very cute with candle and soft lights.
"Robbie! I didn't see you in a while!"
An old woman came to greet them.
"Maggie! it's always nice to see you."
He said smiling and giving her a hug.
"And who is this beautiful girl?"
"I'm Alaska, nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too, honey. How come a beautiful girl like you hang out with a boy like him?"
"Hey!"
He frowned.
So, Maggie knows about Robert's girls? That's what Alaska was asking to herself.
She worked there. Maybe Robert brought there all of his girl, so he was treating her like everyone else.
She stayed quiet for a while they were sitting at the table, choosing the plates. She didn't want to be like the other, for a moment she hoped that everything was different but she was wrong.
"Why are you so quiet?"
He asked closing his menu.
She shook her head.
"Nothing."
"You don't like the place? We can go somewhere else, you know."
"No Rob, I like this place. Really."
"You know, it's special for me. I never brought anyone here. I usually come here alone, by myself, just for thinking and sometimes Maggie sits with me and start to talk about everything of her life. I like her. She's like a grandmother, you know. The cutes one like her who makes you good food and talk to you about their past. It feels like home."
How stupid of her and how cute of him.
She couldn't hide a smile.
"I like this place, I like her and I like when you get worried for the silly thing."
"Just.. I've never done something like this I just wanna be good."
"I know and don't worry, you're good."
She leaned towards him and kissed him.

For once, both of then had a lot of fun. They talked about everything never stopping to laugh or smile.
For once, Alaska didn't feel the fear of being hurt like she always did when she went out with someone after her broke up with Josh.
For once, Robert felt like being more than home, more than happy. It was a strange feeling, but he liked it.
"Can I sleep with you? To my house or yours, I don't care."
He said once they entered to his car.
She looked at him without answering.
"Don't her me wrong. I don't want to do anything. It's just... I spent a beautiful night with you and I don't want to ruin it with my nightmares, I want to have sweet dreams tonight."

-------------------------------------

Hello!
Another chapter is here, hope you like it and I hope you like the song.
I wrote it sooo I'm sorry if there are some grammatical errors or if it isn't so good.
Don't forget to rate and comment the chapter.
I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU.

how did you know Robert?:)

I'd like to hear it.

See ya in the next chapter!