Chapter Six

AspenGlade opened his eyes, RainFlower's slender figure making out as his vision slowly un-blurred.

"What do you want?" AspenGlade asked slowly, sitting up.

RainFlower looked hurt at his tone of voice, "Look, AspenGlade. I understand you might not want to see me. And I get that." She looked at her former mate calmly. "I really do. But AshTail and I..We can't live in WingClan anymore. I refuse to raise my kits in a Clan of murderers."

"All I ask is that you let AshTail and I travel with you."

Her pleading gaze bore into AspenGlade's pelt, as if she had been staring straight into his soul. "RainFlower...I-I..." He hesitated, his ears lowering.

"I don't know." He answered honestly, looking away in remorse. "I just don't know, RainFlower."

"Please...Please AspenGlade. Please."

Her pleading voice made his chest tighten with sorrow. His one weakness was seeing the one He still loved in need.

"Fine." AspenGlade finally mumbled, "You can come." He turned his back, eyes dull.

"Thank you, AspenGlade." RainFlower bowed her head, as AshTail stepped out beside her.

"Yes. Thanks, AspenGlade. You'll be in my debt." AshTail's deeper voice rumbled as he bowed his head.

AspenGlade mumbled a quiet welcome, and stalked back towards the shelter.

++++

RainFlower's POV

++++

I felt bad on the inside, watch the retreating backside of AspenGlade. I know in my heart that I still loved him. But I couldn't leave AshTail. I loved him, too.

My blue eyes glanced into AshTail's green ones', and he gave a calm smile of reassurance. "He'll forgive you one day."

I couldn't be to sure. I hurt him terribly. "Yeah." I croaked, "But for now..." I trailed off, wincing in pain.

My kits might've been coming, but I would not deliver them now. Not until I wad away from WingClan territory.

Together, Tails entwined, AshTail and I stepped after AspenGlade, at a bit of a sluggish pace.

++*+*+*++

I watched AspenGlade as he watched the sky from where I lay beside AshTail, my gaze softening.

Something about his calm demeanor made me smile.

Even after everything, He was still the same AspenGlade I loved, and still live.

I sighed softly, and dozed off, nestled into AshTail's fur.

-Authors Note-

I know this is rather, ehem, Short. You could say I got lazy. :P

Long chapter coming soon.