Chapter Seven

AspenGlade padded ahead of the small group, his ears flat against his head.

RainFlower, AshTail, Darth and GingerPaw all seemed to be happy, and not a single one of them took notice of his misery.

"Heheh..YOU ARE IT!" He heard GingerPaw giggle in the background, bolting away from Darth as the two small cats chased ahead.

Darth tackled GingerPaw, laughing. "I got you!" He lapped her nose with a purr, his eyes shining.

The way those two acted together, made AspenGlade flinch. The affection between the two.

AspenGlade looked away, "We'll be stopping for the night soon." He started quietly. "But I'm going to keep going." He added to himself.

"Good." Rainflower sighed, fatigue in her eyes. "I'm exhausted."
Ashtail nodded in agreement with his mate, brushing his tail lovingly over her flank.

Aspenglade just nodded, and continued on, not a moment of consent. He paused, finally. "all of you, in. I'm going to guard..." He lied quietly, eyes away from his 'friends'

Rainflower blinked, "I'll uhm..Sit with you." She offered quietly as Ashtail and the apprentices vanished into the cave.

Aspenglade shook his head, "Go to you're mate." He muttered coldly, looking away.

"Aspenglade...You know I still love you.." Rainflower said quietly, "I-"

"If you loved me, You would've waited." Aspenglade spat. "But you are just unfaithful." He shook his head, and stood. "Go." He spat the word angrily, and stormed off, leaving a wide-eyed Rainflower.

He didn't bother with thinking he hurt her feelings, she hurt him more than anything. She deserved it! Aspenglade stalked along, ears flattened.

"Aspenglade?!" A small voice echoed behind him, Gingerpaw's figure bounding along to catch up to her illusive friend.

His ears flicked, and he gave an annoyed hiss, "What, Gingerpaw?" He muttered, eyeing the apprentice with an emotionless expression.

"Where's Darth?" He scowled the younger names tom with envy, bristling at the neck.

Shaded green eyes wide, Gingerpaw paused.

"W-what do you mean, Aspenglade?"

Her voice was quiet, her whiskers quivering.

Aspenglade's shoulders ultimately relaxed, his eyes clearing of his certain rage. He couldn't stay mad. Not at Gingerpaw. His grudge was with Rainflower.

"S-sorry." He sighed sheepishly, his shoulders relaxing.

Gingerpaw frowned, and brushed against the older tom. "You think I like Darth?" She said quietly, which was true. She did. But she felt a burning desire for Aspenglade.

Aspenglade shrugged, flinching away at her touch. "You do. I can see it in your eyes." He scoffed sadly, shuffling.

Gingerpaw sighed, and looked away. "Look, Aspenglade." She faltered, searching for the right words. "I do like you. I really do. But it's as obvious as the day that Rainflower still loves you, and you feel the same."

Aspenglade shook his head frantically, "No! I love you Gingerpaw!" He blurted, "I have for a while now." He added quietly, sighing deeply. "I have for a long while.."

Gingerpaw's eyes widened, her tail flicking as she processed his words. He loved her..? Her?! This made her blush violently. "I-I love you too!"

She blurted, and pressed into his side with a loud laugh and purr.

Aspenglade purred a little, "R-Really?" He shuffled closer, touching her head with his nose.

---

Alright. Chapters every Sunday. Maybe. XD

This was short, sorry. I got very lazy.