chapter 6

Week three

Irish pov

3AM

The bags under my eyes grew bigger every hour I stayed up. The whole house was asleep, but I couldn't keep my eyes closed for a minute.

Maybe a walk will help

After grabbing my gun from the second drawer, I slipped on my air forces and walked out.

The night was chilly, but manageable. It was stupid to walk to street without any type of protection but who the fuck is awake at 3am?

Before I could take another deep breath, an arm reached out from the dark ally and yanked me into it. One hand held me against the wall while another covered my mouth.

"Shhh shhhh." He mumbled.

I didn't scream. My curse words were muffled.

"Miss me Shorty?"

His face appeared, no longer hidden by the darkness. The streetlight revealed his gorgeous tan skin and green hazel eyes.

"You." I gasped

His smirk turned into a full smile. White teeth. He was so gorgeous.

"You didn't answer my question.. miss me?"

"I don't even know you." I said as I struggled to get out of his grip.

"Get to know me. We're a lot alike." He removed his hand from my face. Yet one still remained on my waist.

"How is that?"

"We're in the same condition since our parents we taken."

My eyes connected with his on a different level now. I wasn't angry anymore, but now confused.

"W-What? Your parents were taken too?"

"Just last week. Do you think its the same person?" He asked as he finally let me go. Now leaning on the wall across from me.

"I don't know... I mean I don't care. I care about finding mine and my team's. Stay away from me and don't call me shorty."

My back pushed itself off the wall, attempting to walk back to the house. His arm blocked my every move as he stopped me from leaving.

"You're feisty aren't you? I've never had to deal with someone so difficult."

"Move your arm before I cut it off." I snapped back. My tone making it more and more clear that I was statrting to get annoyed.

"You won't. We both want to same thing right? Find our parents, and kill the asshole who took them. Then we never have to speak again."

"I don't need a co-captain pretty boy."

"Fine.. how bout another addition to your team? I can see it in your face. You're the target, and you have no idea how you're going to open that safe... in Colorado. "

My head tilted to the side in confusion. Did he just..

I rapidly slid my gun out and pointed it to his chest. The grip tightened as he began to laugh.

"Who are you? I mean who are you really? One of them? You know where they are don't you?"

He slowly lifted his hand, all while smirking. His thumb tattoo now showing.

The same one as mine

"Vemon... one of us?"

He nodded.

"I truly just want to find my parents."

_____________

"Ok listen up.. this is Vex. His parents were taken too. Treat him like you treat each other. Understood?"

They nodded

"Myles show him to his room."

Once Myles shook his hand, he helped him with his bags and jogged upstairs. The girls walked back into the training room, now preparing to start.

"Irish, isn't that-"

"The guy my dad said to stay away from? Yes. Derek he has our tattoo. Isn't that weird? That we've never met him before yet he's one of us?"

He shrugged. Sometimes I hated how calm he is. At least Sir and Belle get mad with me when it comes to everything we discuss.

_____________

Once 5 o'clock hit, everyone was up and training.

"Let's go probie. You're with me."

Everyone went to their stations.

Belle went to her red punching bag

Myles in the gun range room

Navaeh went to her knife block

Sir and Derek always practiced self defense on each other

Sapphirus as usual sat at the computer typing away

After putting on his gloves, Vex stood in front of me. His cheeks were flushed and red from sweating.

"What self defense could you possibly teach me? If anything, you need protection from me." A smirk played on his face as he flexed his muscles.

I could see it in his expression..

He was calling me weak.

He stepped closer before I grabbed his arm. Throwing him on the ground with his arm twisted.

"I'll tell you like I told my dad.. I don't need anyone's protection."

He groaned in pain before tapping out on the mat. Once I threw his arm back down he grabbed his arm. Now slowly rolling around.

"And don't ever question my strength again. Wouldn't wanna get punched again right?"
_______________

Hiiiiiii :)