before

wednesday, february 6, 2019

7:30 am

"i hate it here."

jung haneul didn't hate it here literally, here being school. she'd just gotten to class really early, after not knowing what to do with all the spare time she had in the morning.

there was barely anybody there at school, aside from teachers that were setting up for class. her teacher had arrived already and allowed haneul in, but went out to run a few errands before the day began.

haneul sat down in her seat, setting up her books and pencils for class. as she sat back in her chair, she thought back to last night and the argument with him.

it all technically started on tuesday, when haneul heard through the school that he had changed over the long weekend. drinking, smoking, staying out late. nothing like the boy she knew. that alone didn't bother her, perhaps he just wanted to try it out.

but what stood out to her the most were the whispers about another girl. not haneul, his current girlfriend, but someone from another school.

he'd denied all of it despite the several anecdotes from her friends and classmates. alone she wouldn't have believed them, but after she found photo proof, haneul was heartbroken.

and last night he had called her, attempting to explain everything. what was there to explain? all the evidence pointed towards him and that he did cheat. him putting up a fight just made it feel more true.

in an attempt to distract herself from her thoughts, haneul pulled out a book and began to read. and of course, he had to come in to class at that time.

wow, thanks a lot universe. you're really making this last week of senior year amazing.

he'd obviously not been expecting haneul to be in class yet. he did a double take, then did a quick head nod hello at her while sitting down. "hey, haneul."

haneul flicked her eyes over quickly, then looked back at her book. "lee jeno."

haneul and jeno stuck to their own things, trying to ignore the elephant in the room and each other. or more like haneul was trying to ignore jeno while jeno was just trying not to cry. haneul continued reading, and jeno was watching tik toks on his phone.

after half an hour, the lockdown alarm went off. spooked, the two looked at each other and around the classroom. the intercom went off:

"lockdown, lockdown. this is not a drill. there is a suspicious individual at the park across the street with a backpack....ah shit what if he's a shooter i gotta call my mom-"

"LEE DONGHYUCK JUST ANNOUNCE WHAT WE HAVE TOLD YOU TO."

"DAMN OK SORRY. police has been informed. we will be emailing all students and teachers not here yet to not come to school yet. lock all doors and shut all windows. stay inside. this is not a drill."

they sprung into action. jeno went to lock the door while haneul closed the windows and covered them with the blinds. neither spoke a word.

as they both sat down, haneul thought to herself, please don't let this take too long.

poor, poor haneul had no clue. at least they were in the classroom with the bathroom.

8:00 am

WELCOME TO SEVEN HOURS

starring:

jung haneul

lee jeno

◯┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄◯

hola fellow nctzens and welcome to my shitty fanfic. thank you for giving this book a chance and for voting and commenting. hope you like it!
uh idk if this book requires a trigger warning or anything but this book does contain elements of school shootings and such, not too in depth but you know...stay safe