Prologue

Eleven years ago...

The library on the second floor of the main building of the campus is a go-to place for people who like solitude for them to focus on learning, reading, and sometimes to take a nap during their free time before the scheduled class. But in her case, Natalia has no other option but to go to the library to hide from her friends who plans to bring her to Julian's party and to give time with her essay. It's not that she hates the idea of a party, but she could care less about a group of people dancing, drinking, and possibly having drunk sex in someone's room. But for Natalia, a party isn't just her scene.

Once inside the library hall she went straight to the security counter to leave her bag behind and bring out only her laptop, wallet, and mobile phone. Then Natalia walks to an open computer to log in her ID number in the campus system and search for the book that Mr. Diaz recommended for her to write an essay about it. When the system pops up the information in which aisle and shelf it is located, she logs out and proceeded in finding the book.

Taking her sweet time in finding the book she's looking for; Natalia listens to the classical music currently playing in low volume on the library speaker helping the students concentrate on their different agenda. As soon as she got to the shelf where the book should be located, she noticed that it wasn't there.

Maybe someone borrowed it already for their essay.

Though for sure that she knows Mr. Diaz won't assign a classic novel to another student since he does not like the idea of his students copying each other's essays. Then Natalia decided to consult the student assistant in charge at the reception desk.

"Hello, I'm looking for the book Arsene Lupin, Gentleman Burglar by Maurice LeBlanc, but it's not on the shelf."

"Okay let me check in my system if this book has been borrowed." She said and checked her computer for any indication of who has the said book. "It seems there has been a mishandling of the library cards." She mumbles as she flips pages of the logbook and hands it to Natalia pointing out that the book was borrowed ten minutes before the student assistant's shift.

"It's fine, I'll just check the internet for that" Natalia said and walks away to find a comfortable seat far from other students. There she found peace in a sort of secluded area in the library in between the shelves of the politics and law section. With a sigh, she opens her laptop and plugs her headset on. Guess I'll be adding another chapter to my story.

The state of tranquility provides Damien a good amount of time to reassess his thoughts and situation back home. Everything is just for a show, everyone thinks that they are the perfect family, well because that is the persona his parents made. But behind closed doors, nobody knows who suffers the most.

With that thought in his head, Damien sent a message to his twin sister asking where she could be now because they both know that coming home isn't something, they both want. Home is supposedly a haven for a person, it may be a place or a person but none of those fit the idea of their house and family.

I'm going to Julian's party so don't wait up.