Chapter One

Chapter One: Well, today I'm so weary..

Present Day

"Don't fall for me Natalia, if you do, I won't let you go" he warned "Ever" As if unfazed by his menacing words Natalia steps closer.

"then don't let me go, Damien."

His lips twitch upward as he pulls her to kiss her.

"You're mine, Natalia."

She woke up with beads of sweat after having that same dream though it was not technically a dream because It was a memory. The kind of memory she wants to forget and leave behind the past. It's been ten years, and everything's been going fine since then, Natalia barely went through college and managed to graduate, published her first book under a pen name, and married Alistair Thompson.

Natalia and Alistair met a year before their parent's knowledge. She was in her third year in college when she had a motor accident on her way to her apartment during semestral break and was sent to the emergency room by her friend Zia, there she met Alistair who is in his first year in residency as a doctor. Weeks after they started hanging out together and built a friendship. After graduation, they were introduced to each other one evening during a meal at her parents' house. From then on Natalia and Alistair started dating, supporting each other's passion and goals and after three years of dating, Alistair asked her hand for marriage.

If this was a movie you may say that Natalia lived happily ever after, but sadly no. As if Damien sense what is happening in Natalia's life that even on her wedding night, he appeared in her dreams reminding her that she only belongs to him. Not wanting to scare her husband, Natalia chose to shrug it off, after all, she left it all in the past, though it gets intense each time the dream appears.

Then the sound of chattering echoed through the hall, it was Mrs. Roberts the family cook and Alistair's caretaker since childhood; and her daughter Elvira who is like a sister to Alistair and now to Natalia.

"I'll check up on Miss Lia." She heard Elvira and her fast pace steps sounded on the floorboards.

Natalia then got up from the bed and went to the adjacent powder room to freshen up. There were three knocks on the door before she heard it opened.

"Hi Miss Lia, what would you like for dinner?" Elvira cautiously asked.

Natalia emerged from the powder room psyched up and a bit annoyed "you're making me feel old Ellie, drop the miss, please?" knowing that Elvira is the same age as her and the closest she has from the family. "and uhm... Can I prepare the dinner for Ali?"

Elvira chuckles "Of course Lia, Alistair will love that." The two women exchange small laughs. "I heard he eats more whenever you prepare his meals. That man loves you so much."

Elvira was there to witness how Alistair and Natalia's relationship blossoms. She was always the third wheel until Alistair introduces one of his colleagues and then the rest was history. Elvira and Prescott even got married before Alistair and Natalia.