Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

"I hope this latte makes you feel better" with a sigh Zia serves the latte she made for her anxious best friend. "You know what they say, coffee is a hug in a mug." Zia hears her best friend grunts before taking a sip in her latte and finally gives her the smile she's waiting for.

"Ha! There you go!" Zia said to Natalia with a smirk before turning to her staff asking him to take in charge of the cafe. The staff named Dylan agrees and attends to the customer who just got in.

It's been a week since the news of the prison break and the announcement of a manhunt for the prisoners who got out. Natalia opted out of the witness protection or any forms of security even if everyone expected, including her, that Damien would come after her when he escaped the prison.

"Aren't you supposed to be traveling alone..." Zia took the swivel stool next to her "Especially here in Sherwood." Zia saw her best friend taking huge gulps on the latte "It's like throwing yourself in a pack of hungry wolves."

Bullseye! What are you even doing here? Do you need closure? Natalia's subconscious is now taking over herself.

Seriously, what are you doing here? Do I sense a fucking old flame here? Alistair's right, you're out of your mind. That's it! Natalia shakes her head to get out of her thoughts and finally finishes the remainder of the latte.

"I called Mom beforehand, I'll be staying with them for a week since Alistair has a conference and a surgery in Mainland." She explained "and I need to borrow your car."

With a scrunch plastered on Zia's face, she turned the swivel stool on her right to face Natalia "Why the fuck do you need my car, when you have your Disco with you."

"I have to go somewhere, and I'll be quick." 

Zia has a list on her mind where Natalia could go with her vehicle but decides to keep her mouth shut and pulls out the keys she keeps in her side pocket. 

But before she hands the key to Natalia she pulls her close and whispers "I think I know where you are going, I don't think any of us will like whatever your plan is and I know I can't stop you but please, be careful." Natalia nodded and went on her way.

Left alone at the counter Zia shakes her head and laughs lightly "She didn't even pay for the latte."

Being in Sherwood brings back a lot of good and bad memories, it's the place that shaped Natalia for who she is now. She insisted on using Zia's car for her side trip before going straight to her parent's house. Her itinerary consisted of going to Shelbaum, the jeweler who crafted most of Natalia's mother's accessories; Gertrude's flower shop, and the town's graveyard. 

That's all that she had planned out today and Zia is right about the idea of Natalia throwing herself in the pack of wolves in her case, throwing herself in Damien's den.

What could go wrong? She thought since the prison break, Damien has been quiet and unmoving. Dumb move girl, everything can go wrong. You're back in town and fucking alone. Natalia puts her hoodie on before starting Zia's car to make her way to her first stop.

Shelbaum's Antiques is known for the classic items and fixing pieces of jewelry. It seems the perfect place for Natalia to get her gold origami crane necklace fixed, it was ripped off of her neck when Damien was struggling to let her go before the police arrested him.