❥ chapter seven | the dance of the beautiful angel in distress ✓

✔ Difficult words used in this chapter ;

Difficult words used in this chapter ;

Mujra : It is a dance performance by women in a format that emerged during Mughal rule in India, where the elite class and local rulers like the nawabs of the Indian society (often connected to the Mughal emperor's court) used to frequent courtesans for their entertainment at night. It combines elements of the native classical kathak dance with native music including thumris and ghazals.

Sahab ji / Sahab : A term used to address someone as a mark of respect giving them importance, holding them in high regard. Also known as Sir in English.

Dua : It means to ❝pray❞ or to suplicate before Allah.

Adaab / Adab : This is a greeting gesture that involves raising of the right hand towards the face with palm inwards such that it is in front of the eyes and the finger tips are almost touching the forehead, as the upper torso is bent forward.

Paan : The green leaves of a betel plant wrapped around tobacco, fruit, chewed because of it's pleasant taste and aroma.

Miyaan : A term used to address someone as a mark of respect giving them importance, holding them in high regard. Also known as Sir in English.

Ghunghroo : A ghungroo (Hindi घुँघरू, Urdu گھنگرو‎), also known as ghunghroo or ghunghru or ghungur or ghungura (Assamese & Bengali & Odia) or Chilanka or Silangai (in Malayalam & Tamil respectively), is one of many small metallic bells strung together to form ghungroos, a musical anklet tied to the feet of classical Indian dancers.

Sherwani : A sherwani is a long coat closed up to the neck, worn by men in India. It is worn over a kurta pyjama.

Shab - bakhair : It means ❝Goodnight❞ in Urdu.

Ore piya, haaye ×4

[ Oh beloved × 4 ]

She lifted her fully embroidered pastel green, gorgette veil looking up smiling walking gracefully as she saw Raghu coming inside the dancing hall sitting beside a man who had come to watch her dance. All the reputed gentleman from all over the place had come to watch her mujra.

Haseena never liked dancing and showing herself in front of men, she would feel disgusted when people watched her with lustful eyes scanning her from head to toe as if she was their own property. She hated it from the core of her heart but today she was loving it!