|O1.

MAEVE LIV WELSH

A LOUD sigh heaved from my chest as I rounded up my last assignment. The 13th one just in time to submit. Lately, I'd been piling up more school work than usual due to finals approaching soon and then college would be rounded up finally after four years of hard work, emotional roller coasters and stress.

After shutting down my laptop, I went to plug it on the charger but it wasn't charging, just then I smelt something like the fuse was burning and the adapter was emitting a lot of smoke, so I quickly took the fuse out of the socket but it was already burnt.

I huffed, throwing aside the now damaged charger. I had to go out whether I wanted to or not. HP laptops sometimes came with the worst chargers and it really had me considering buying an Apple next.

I threw on one of my huge signature hoodies from BP and matching sweats with slides— I considered crocs instead but that would just bombard the whole buminess all together.

Originally, I come from Ohio but my parents wanted me to get more exposure and mix with peers, so I was moved out of my comfort zone for college. But around my sophomore year when I started gaining even more pounds, some people started throwing shade at me about my weight and how I just became an even bigger 'matter' that occupied extra space. That caused my walls of insecurities to build up again after years of my struggles to be social and I realized there was no need in trying anymore. So, I continued schooling but online from my apartment complex away from campus.

I wasn't really antisocial but I'd rather not deal with a lot of people or even go outside at all, if I had the chance.

After hooking up my laptop to the new charger, I went to the kitchen to fix something to eat only to find nothing useful in my fridge. And my pantry was just shelves and spaces. If only I could cuss out the odds for doing me like that but I couldn't even let them words slip past my lips without shuddering. So guess what I did, I dragged my fat behind outside again to wait for my Lyft.

In no time, I was at the supermarket just around the corner from where I lived, literally.

I paid the driver and put on my face shield before entering. Few minutes of filling my buggy with necessary and unnecessary things to cook with, drink and munch on, I made a turn to the cereal isle and was about grabbing a pack of Rice Crispies (my favorite btw) when I felt a tug on my pants. I furrowed my brows and checked but saw nothing or no one then I went back to grabbing the cereal when I was pinched on my right buttcheek causing me to yelp and gasp at once.

I spun around and saw no one till I looked down, to see a little boy probably a 4-year old or so with brown skin and nappy hair, dressed in a tracksuit standing there laughing at me. I squinted my eyes at him, "You, why did you do that?"

"Cuz I can tha fuck!" He mugged me and I gasped. Oh he's lucky to be a child alright!

"Where's your mummy? I'm gonna report you to her." I told him with thoughts that it was going to scare him to apologize but he didn't.

He merely rolled his eyes and said, "No you can't cuz she's not here and I'm with my daddy."

The boy was one of those kids who look like angels when they're quiet but turn little bad butts once their mouths open or get too familiar. I sighed, "Ok, I'll let you slide cutie but don't go around doing such to people especially girls hm? Go meet your daddy." I went back to picking up cereals and was about dropping the last box when I caught the little boy snatch out items from my buggy and took off in one direction.

"Hey! Bring that back!" I left to catch up with him and let's just say I had to run to do so, but that boy had some legs and energy I couldn't even come close. I finally almost caught up with him but I was totally out of breath and short of air with lots of attention from shoppers on me.

I mean who wouldn't stare, a fat grownup running after a possible 4-year old with snacks and food items in his arms. Comical!

My breath was even again and he wasn't in sight. Tears were brimming eyes not because I was frustrated but angry because he took my favorite hot pocket and it was the last one on the isle and I also felt embarrassed.

I went back to my buggy and pushed it to the counter to have them ring everything up quickly so I could go. After that I went outside to wait for my ride that would arrive in 10 minutes. Another one of the reasons why I would rather be locked away, chilling in my house and not around people.

-
More to come and keep you interested! But who was that bad ass lil boy tho🌚
Vote and pls share your thoughts.
-Mila😌