|19.

[Leon in the MM]

MAEVE LIV WELSH

I GRADUATED THE NEXT WEEK AFTER Kentrell had left for tour. I couldn't be any happier and grateful for a bold step in my life and my hugest achievement yet. My parents were present with me that week but had to leave a day after the D-day and I felt so fulfilled that they were able to watch me bag my degree and made me do the whole cap in the air throw for pictures.

Darajah stood by her words and threw me a little bash to celebrate and I barely knew quarter of the people (my parents and a few cousins that went to the same college as me) she invited since they were more off Instagram but they were nice enough to congratulate me and make the celebration memorable.

She also forcefully gave me several gift cards from Saks Fifth, Nordstrom, Sephora, Gucci and Dior. All these because I refused the hundred thousand she had given me right after the party she threw. Darajah's friendship was enough for me, I needed nothing materialistic from her. I valued her love and loyalty for me way more than the luxury she had to offer as gifts although I was still grateful.

"When was the last time you spoke to you know who?" Darajah asked me. We both were presently at my place, catching up on gists, watching Netflix and eating different flavored ice cream scoops from a bowl while laid up on the bed. The usual linkup.

I was aware she was referring to Kentrell, so I rolled my eyes and mindlessly shoved a spoonful of the cold dessert into my mouth without watching my teeth and instantly caught a brain freeze. I winced, "Before his flight took off and after he landed." I spoke with nonchalance but I knew I was wrong.

My heartbeat sped up when she mentioned him and I got butterflies at the same time sadness. Truly, that was the last time we communicated. I'd been avoiding and ignoring Kentrell's attempts to explain himself further and apologize because I thought I would get over what he did quicker that way. I could be wrong but that was my own coping mechanism at the same time his own punishment.

Darajah sighed and wiped the corners of her mouth with a napkin before saying, "Sweetie I see through all that act so drop it. You both miss each other and I understand where you coming from but y'all need to talk. Atleast get closure if you wanna end the relationship. Jania only had a pregnancy scare, did you know that?"

"What?" My brows shot up, "I mean that doesn't really change much, what if she was actually pregnant for him again. He still lied to me Day."

"Yes, it doesn't change the fact that he still stepped out on you and I'm not tryna' defend him but that was before y'all got this serious in the first place. Kentrell can do stupid shit sometimes and fuck everything up but he would never lie about his true feelings. He truly loves you May, and I know you feel the same way too, I want you happy again. Like you were before all these disputes came up." I tried stopping the tears from shedding but they still did.

I felt Darajah embrace me in a comforting hug and rubbed my back while I practically cried on her shoulder with my tears drenched on her blouse. She held me close for a few minutes until I gathered myself. Using her thumbs, Darajah wipes at my wet cheeks and pecked my temple.

"Just try, try on your part. You both need to talk and clear things up. Explain how you really feel and let him do the same, don't just walk away May." I agreed with a nod and thanked her. "Now call him up. Right now."