CHAPTER 35 - I AM YOUR FATHER...

TianXia followed the suspicious man ahead of him who claimed that his father wanted to see him. which was impossible because his father was dead. Mother told him he died long before he was born, but curiosity got the better of him and he decided to follow along this mans farce. Of course, hr brought his golden hilted sword and dagger with him.

  After many turns, the finally made it to the front of a relatively large looking manor. But instead of going through the main doors, the man led him through the small side door, the servants door. TianXia raised his brows... interesting.

  He was then led inside a brightly lit hall, of which at the end sat several people on a raised platform. A middle aged man and woman sat on the main seats at the centre, to their left two young ladies and a younger boy, and to their right, an old woman and a man perhaps just past thirty.

  The man led TianXia up to the platform and bowed, "City lord, I have brought him."

  TianXia Glanced at the man with white hair bleeding into black, sporting a well groomed beard and wrinkled eyes that informed one that this was a man who was harsh and unbending to the the world. Looking to the madame to his right, she was a stark contrast of him, soft features and softer eyes, wrinkle on her cheeks from smiling through her life. The younger ones on the left all resembled the pair, the young boy with curious eyes especially resembling who he assumed was the mother. And to their right, an old madame with equally harsh eyes he'd guess to be the grandmother and that man to be a younger relative of the city lord.

  When TianXia finished analysing the strangers in front of him, he asked without much courtesy, "Do tell city lord, what business have you got to drag me out in the middle of the night with a servant claim my 'father' has summoned me? Do you know my father? Has my father been raised from the grave perhaps and wish to meet his son?"

  The man who led him hear pointed a finger at him, "You rascal! how dare you address the city lord like this! Kneel down at once!" 

  TianXia barely spared the man a glance and continued to stare down the city lord.

  "Be gone servant Liu, your task is complete, retire for the day. "  The city lords deep voice rumbled through the hall as he issued the order.

  Servant Liu bowed towards the city lord and retreated.

  The City lords harsh eyes returned to TianXia, "Wu TianXia?"

  "That is my name."

  "And your mother... Wu TingQian" The city lord stated, emotion trembling ever so slightly within the deep pits of his eyes.

 TianXia furrowed his brows, "That is my mothers name."

"Yes...yes it is. and you are undoubtedly her son. You share the same eyes and nose...Your spirit and blood however, comes from me." The city lord stated, without missing a heartbeat.

  The children to the side gasped and looked at TianXia with even more curiosity. 

  TianXia on the other hand, laughed. What kind of sick joke is this, "City lord, I'm afraid you're mistaken, my father died long before I was born."

  "Then it seems your mother has lied to you. Where is she? I gathered that you are now an immortal cultivator, are you providing for your mother?"

  TianXia sneered and clenched his fist. "That is none of your concern." He turned to leave but shadow guards immediately appeared out of no where, blocking his path. "City lord you can not keep me here, I have no business with you."

  "Wu TianXia... your mother was my first wife. She was Lady of the city, and my first love, mother of my first born son, do you or do you not have an allergy to clams and does a small birthmark not mark your right ankle?"