Chapter 7

Julianna's POV
Sure, I was scared when Connor walked in on me, but I was terrified when I had to watch Leo punch him in the nose. I looked at him with horror in my eyes. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I ran over to Connor and, thankfully, he was still breathing. I lifted his limp body off the floor, which was no easy task. Leo tried to help me carry him but I didn't let him.
"I don't want you touching him," I grunted as he tried to remove him from my grasp. I finally was able to place him on the single bed. I looked at Leo, still in his ridiculous towels. He took on a sudden interest in the carpet below us. Leo sheepishly went back into the bathroom to change into his clothes. While he did that, I left him a note. I thought about what I was going to do and what I should say. Finally, I wrote:
Went to the pool. Good luck on the quest. Collect my body so the mortals don't notice
-Julianna
I folded the note paper with the hotel's logo on it, then wrote Leo on the folded side, like a table place card. I made sure to leave it where he would see it, then sprinted down the hallway. I ran down the stairs and into the lobby where I had seen a sign for a pool earlier. I followed the sign until I found a big room with a tiled floor and a huge hole in the middle filled with water. The pool. I had to do this quick, for I had already heard footsteps behind me. Leo, no doubt. I walked over to the shallow end, not even bothering to hold my breath, and dove in, defying hotel rules. My head hit the bottom and my lungs were already burning for oxygen. I ignored the feeling and thought about how much better this would make everything. My thoughts were interrupted by a feeling of arms wrapping around my body and being pulled towards the surface. I took a deep breath of air as someone placed me on the cold tile floor. I had a coughing fit for a minute or so, then looked at my rescuer with red blurring my vision. I was so angry! I watched in disbelief as my Repair Boy floated carelessly atop the water, kicking his feet, and spurting water from his mouth like a fountain.
"Valdez! What was that for?" I shouted at him with a trembling voice. I still hadn't quite recovered from the lack of oxygen before.
"Sorry, Jekyll. Can't get away from me that easily," he said through a smile.
"Now I'm not sure whether to kill myself or you," I stated playfully. He gave a small laugh.
"Glad to have you back," he floated over to me and pulled himself up to sit next to me on the edge of the pool. I felt cautious as he scooted closer to me.
"So what was that all about?" He asked. I wasn't sure whether it was the burning sensation from the chlorine in my eyes or just all of the emotions from the day catching up to me, but a tear made it's way down my face.
"I...I thought...it'd be better, without...you and Connor fighting..." I managed between sniffles. Leo sighed and put his arm around me.
"I have nothing to worry about, right? You scared me in there," I said sheepishly.
"I'm sorry about that. You're just so...amazing. I don't want anyone stealing you away from me." Leo replied. I gave him a sympathetic look and placed my head on his shoulder.
"You're my Repair Boy. You fixed me. No one's gonna steal me away from you," I assured him with a smile as I wiped he tears from my face.
We made our way back up to the hotel room to find Connor still sleeping on the single bed. He must have been exhausted after the day of walking and lacrosse. Ah, lacrosse. The best sport in the world, in my opinion.
I walked into the room with a sudden realization. I only had two outfits and one of them was full of sweat and the other one was soaking wet.
The adrenaline from before had made me forget my head injury. I went over to my backpack and downed half a bar of ambrosia. Then I remembered the problem at hand and turned to Leo.
"Now what am I gonna wear?" I asked him. He looked down in thought, but soon shook it away.
"I have an extra T-shirt and shorts you could borrow," he suggested. I gave a big sigh of relief. I didn't know what I was going to do if I hadn't found something else to wear. I thanked Leo, took the outfit that he lent me, and went back into the closet to change. When I had finished, I pretty much collapsed onto the double bed and conked out as soon as my head hit the pillow. I was going to need a good night's sleep, for it might be my last.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure you are getting tired of hearing this. SO sorry about this super short and slow update. WattPad kind of glitched on me and not saving what I wrote so I couldn't finish it...

I'll try as hard as I can to push out some more updates. With all the trimester exams and state testing, I can't make any promises but I can try. So sorry again!

And I am so excited! I'm at about 140 views! Still can't believe it got this many.

Keep commenting, rating, and all that good stuff.
Until next time,
-Gussifer Lopez