Chapter 1

"Are you kidding me? Mom no! I am not going to Grandma's house and you won't make me!" I screamed. No way I'm spending the rest of summer in Korea, not when I already planned my perfect summer vacation with Luhan and my friends right here in Japan.

"Hyunji! Your dad and I are going to Australia because something about business came up so we won't let you here alone. Besides, you haven't seen your grandma like years now. Don't you miss her?" Mom said, handing a cup of hot coffee to dad. Dad seems busy observing the web, probably about the company and all.

"But mom! Don't worry about me. I'll be fine! I'm capable of doing anything on my own now. Please just spare me on this one" I beg so hard to convince my parents to undersand me. All I want is to stay.

"Oh dear, no means no. We can't just leave you here alone for 2 months. Its too long and we would be worried..."

*phone beeps*

"Honey, it's time to go" dad spoke and both my parents rush to the car and drives off. I wonder what's so important about work that they ignored me. Oh well, there goes another day alone in the house.

Lazily I drag myself to the sofa in front of the Tv, switching it on and just lay there. My parents are often away so the house is always messy. I would be the one cleaning the house once in a while. Summer vacation started 3 days ago and still today there's nothing I could do. In another 3 days, I'll be leaving to Korea with my Grandma. I'll probably miss my friends, and most of all, I'll miss Luhan so bad. How will I survive months without him?

I took out my iPhone from my pocket and pressed the home button to see if there's a text coming. The screen flashes Luhan's face. The wallpaper reminds me of the days when Luhan and I went to a park. It was a candid, a beautiful one. He was watching the birds flying in the sky, and I secretly took a picture of him. The picture turned out great so I decided to set it as my wallpaper.

As I smile to myself, I noticed my cat Jiyoon licked my toe. It was soft and wet. I giggled a bit because it tickles.
"Jiyoon, are you hungry?" I asked her. Jiyoon keeps on licking my toe. I went to the kitchen to grab the cat food out and filled the empty catbowl.

*phone beeps* oh someone texts me?

Luhan: "Lemme guess, you forgot we had a date at the park today babe?"

Oh my gosh!!!! I totally forgot! Must be the whole grandma thing. Oh my...
I swiftly grab my coat and heads off with Jiyoon in my arms. Thank god Jiyoon managed to finish the meal before I grab her.

......
"Luhan, there's something I have to tell you" I said, keeping my head low, not wanting to see his expression after what I am going to say. Our fingers linked while walking nearby our favorite spot in the park. The usuals, the park is one of our favorite place to go. It was almost dusktime. The scenery is quite calming. I turn again to look at him.

"What is it?" he asked softly and smiled a little. God knows how his smile melts up my heart every single time. It feels so right. It feels so... innocent.

"I'm... sorry" I softly said, hiding the pain I feel inside. How on earth could I say something that I don't ever want to say? Even if it's just for 2 months, I'd miss my perfect days to be with him!

"Babe, you know I'll never hurt you, and I'll always be with you" the words struck me. Will he always be with me? Is it possible? And so I told him the whole thing about going to Korea. His expression changed instantly. He seems... lost in words. I tried so hard to held on my tears that I suddenly shed some. Our plans for this year goes down the drain. I can't do anything but to stand there with my cheeks all wet.

He pulls me for a hug. A warm hug. I can't help but to keep on crying softly. He runs his fingers to my hair. the scenery is perfect just for a goodbye hug. The sun sets giving us a glow of sad red sunlight. Jiyoon just watching us from down below. Its funny how a cat knows what goodbye is.

......
That night in my room, there's still a lot to pack. My parents are downstairs, probably doing paperworks in front of the TV. My bed is crowded with unfolded clothes laying around. So much to do, so much to think about. My flight is in 3 days, I should pack as soon as possible. While packing, I thought of Grandma Jeon. I wonder how she is after all these years. I wonder if she's healthy. I wonder if she still remembers me.

Jiyoon crawls to me and purrs on my lap. I hugged Jiyoon for a bit. "I'm bringing you with me Jiyoon, so I don't get lonely there" I thought. Jiyoon is a fluffy cat. It's fur is as white as snow. The minute I think of snow, I remembered an old metal box Grandma Jeon left me when I was a kid. Its above the wardrobe in my room. I haven't touch it like years now. Inside the box, there's this cute white bracelet with snowy decorations Grandma Jeon gave me during Christmas.

I grabbed a chair, put it close to the wardrobe and stand on it to reach the top of the wardrobe. As soon as I have it in my hands, I took it down. The box is covered with thick dust all over it. It was left untouched.

I opened the box and saw the bracelet. Still the way I last put it. It's a bit dusty so I wipe it with a piece of tissue.

"It's very pretty" and yes it is.

Looking back in the box, something caught my eyes. There's something else in the box? I took it out and...

I'm speechless... It's an old photo of a girl. Probably Grandma Jeon. She looks so pretty. Since when did I put it here? I haven't seen this picture my whole life. In the picture, the lady wears a neat Hanbok and a bracelet. The bracelet looks the same as the one I'm holding.

I took the picture and the bracelet down the stairs to ask my parents.

"Mom, have you seen this picture before?" I shot out a question as soon as I approach my mother. She ignored at first but when she saw the bracelet, her eyes widened a little. She looked surprised.

"Oh my... It's a picture of Grandma Jeon when she was a teenager. Awwh~ She looks just like you. I've been searching this for a long time. Where did you get this?" Mom take a long look at the picture.

"In an old box Grandma Jeon gave me when I was little. Its just above my wardrobe" I told her. I have to admit that I'm glad to have found the picture.

"Listen dear, I want you to keep this bracelet carefully. It was a gift from Grandma Jeon to you" she brushed my hair with her fingers and continues doing her work.