1 - Red

By far one of the first things you'd notice about someone is how they look.

Cat, dog, bunny... Fox. The whole list, all species, some more feared than others.

It was odd though, being the new kid in more central Japan, and not seeing another fox in the year group. Red was lost by this concept.

He shuffled down the corridor, grasping his Grandmother's tail. "Granna... Can we go home...? I don't like this..." He puffed out his cheeks and his tail hung between his legs, sneakers squeaking against the linoleum floor.

"Come now, Red Velvet.. You must start coming to school, I can't teach you anymore at home, little crumb." She dragged him along.

His Grandmother nudged him into the classroom leaving the boy standing infront of the class.

He felt the eyes on him, his heart starting to race in panic, sweat forming. This was one of the fox's greatest fears. Having never attended a normal school before, this was stressful. 

Imagine that they are faceless.. Just do what the teacher says.

"Come on now, no need to quake so much! Introduce yourself.."

Red opened his mouth but nothing escaped, just a panicked breath before he frantically shook his head. 

He sat down at the free desk in embarrassment.  He looked around the silent classroom, awkwardly trying to show people a piece of paper that said in highlighter:

"Do you have a pen?"

He was lost, everyone shrugging him away or ignoring him, no sign of real help and the girl next to him? A little intimidating.. She was way bigger than everyone else but she was his last hope...

He leaned over and tapped her table. Red Velvet's hands had started to shake, almost to the state of being a blur.

The brown haired girl seemed to snap into reality. "HAA?" She started, looking at the hand that had crept along her space. Her expression changed from one of confrontation to a soft concern. The fox slid the paper onto her desk, he noted from the desk graffiti that her name was Jelly.

'Jelly' looked confused for a moment before grinning ear to ear and handing him a pen.

The pen was a bent at a funny angle and the girl looked like she was sweating, that smile now a little more awkward.

He nodded in thanks and took it with the paper.