Chapter 7- Caius

Caius's POV:
Niccolo seemed tense. His jaw was trembling and his red eyes were wide. My brother- Aro approached him with a smile on his face and gently touched his arm.
-You are very welcome here, my friend, you can tell us your offer.
-As you wish, Aro.
-You may speak.
-You know that Cullens have adopted a human girl.
I could feel both of my brothers' tension, when they heard ''Cullens'.
-Yes, Carlisle notified me. They are too emotional and sentimental.- Aro laughed, but his laugh did not sound genuine.
-This girl, Margaret Esme Cullen is astonishingly beautiful for a mortal.
-What do you mean?- Marcus leaned forward from his seat- did they change her?
-No, no. She is a human with heartbeat and everything, it is just....
-Go on...- Aro was really interested.
-Well, we suspect that she is more than a human.
-Not vampire, but more than a human? Werewolf?- Marcus seemed irritated.
-No, definitely not that. We think that she has some kind of superpower in her blood.
-Superpower? Are you saying that she is some kind of comic book heroine? - Aro got a little bit angry.
-No, maybe not that, but... clearly, she is something else.
-What made you think that?- asked I.
-Azzato, a member of my coven, had a vision. You know that he could feel when someone was not a human and once he saw Margaret with her parents, they were on a family trip in Sweden and Azzato sensed three non-humans. Three, not two.
-Why cannot other vampires feel her?
-Because she is not a vampire, shape-shifter or werewolf, she is something different, something, we have never heard before.
-So what is a point?- asked Marcus, he seemed interested too.
-Well, I sent Azzato to kidnap and turn her into the vampire, but he got tempted by the smell of her blood and tried to kill her, but her family intervened. Then I offered Cullens a proposal about her but they denied. Almost killed me, I can say.
-What proposal and why does it concern us?-asked Aro.
-I offered them to change Margaret Cullen and then...- he hesitated.
-Finish the sentence, don't play with my patience- Aro hissed.
-We offered Cullens a marriage between Margaret Cullen and your brother-Caius.- with these words he looked at me.
My brothers and I quickly exchanged confused looks.
-Tell me one reason why shouldn't I kill you right now?- I snarled and looked at his pale face.
-Please, do not get offended. I am saying this for a reason. First of all, she possess peak human beauty, thus as a vampire she will be the most beautiful creature in the universe. Second, this marriage will be a link between Cullens and Volturi and third, Azzato felt that hidden power of Margaret Cullen was extremely strong. Don't you want your coven to have this much powerful member?
My brothers and I quickly exchanged glances.
-What do you get from this marriage? Why does it matter to you?- asked Marcus to Niccolo suspiciously.
-I will get influence on all other Italian covens and as an organizer of a marriage I will be respected in The Volturi. What do I get? Power. Here, touch my hand and read my mind.- Niccolo smiled at Aro, who did touch his hand and after several minutes clapped:
-Well done, my dear Marcus, seems like we are going to have a new sister-in-law!
-What if I don't want her?- I protested.
-I do not see a reason why not?- Aro was genuinely surprised.
-I have not even seen her!- I hissed.
-Here, Caius- Niccolo handed me a picture.
I looked at it and my eyes got wide. She was the most beautiful mortal I have ever seen in my extremely long life. Her long, golden hair reminded me of a sun, while I saw a calm sea in her blue eyes. She was not just beautiful, but also very gentle. I could swear she had the kindest heart and purest spirit. I tried hard, but could not imagine her wearing black robe and drinking human blood. Then I tried to imagine her as a vampire... that would be an astonishing, mesmerizing, magical beauty... then I imagined her by my side, her pale, cold hands touching mine and it felt strange... strange and unusual. I could not say what I was feeling for this girl, but it did not seem impossible for me to marry her.
-How old is she?-asked Marcus.
-She turned 18 this spring.
-Well she is exactly 2600 years younger than you, Caius- Marcus laughed.
-What is 260 decades for love, my dear brother?- Aro smiled at me.
I could not help but think how lucky this mortal was. 2600 years of existence and I got to marry her, she would end up with the strongest and the most experienced vampire of all time! What a luck! Then I thought about my beloved wife- Athenodora, who was killed centuries ago. I could not imagine that  I would marry again, besides to whom- mortal! It did not seem right, this girl did not deserve me, but I had to try for Aro, Marcus and all the Volturis.
-Lets, get my bride, then- said I and tried to smile slightly.