Chapter 5- The Volturi Bride

Margaret's POV:
It has been three weeks since the odorless vampire tried to kill me. As Sam said this vampire did not leave any track and his scent was totally undetectable. My grandfather- Carlisle has never heard something like this before, neither have their friends. Thus, my family became absolutely overprotective. I was not even allowed to go to school for three weeks. I was sick of it, so were Nessie and Fionna, whose parents were as overprotective as mine. It was too much for us, so aunt Alice took us to Seattle for shopping. She thought that new dresses and accessories could lighten our mood, besides uncle Jasper's birthday was coming and aunt Alice was planning a huge party.

Meg's outfit for shopping:

      It was a rainy day- suitable for vampires

It was a rainy day- suitable for vampires. We chose one big shop, full of pretty and expensive outfits. Fionna, Ness and I were free to choose any outfit we wanted, aunt Alice would gladly pay for it ...so, we began.

-I think this dress suits you well- Fionna gave me a long, burgundy color dress.

-Nah, I prefer something white or blue.

-Well, try this one then- aunt Alice handed me sparkling, blue dress.

-Wow! That's so beautiful!

Dress was divine, but the price tag was ridiculous. I was not going to let aunt Alice pay this stupid price, so I moved on to the next suggestions. I chose five dresses and two shoes, but I did not want to wear them at the party, I was looking for something more special...
While I was searching for my perfect dress, Ness chose a polkadot, sleeveless dress. She looked... simply amazing.

-OMG Ness, you are going to kill Jacob!- said Fionna.

-He will lose his mind, that's for sure. - nodded aunt Alice.

-I am not going to miss his face when he sees you - chuckled I and patted on Renesmee's shoulder.

-Come on, guys, you are exaggerating. -my cousin protested.

-You will see yourself!- aunt Alice laughed and continued dress-searching.

   We went to more than 25 shops. At the end of the day everyone, except aunt Alice , was exhausted.

-Come on, girls, lets go to the one more shop, pleaseeeeee.- my aunt begged.

-We got really tired, Alice...- Ness frowned.

-We still did not find Maggie's perfect dress.

-It's okay, I am gonna choose something from the stuff we already bought- I assured her, but she was so, so stubborn.

-Just one more shop and we will be done!

Fionna, Nessie and I quickly exchanged glances.

-Pleaseee!

-Fine, just one- said I and followed aunt Alice, who giggled and led us to the small shop.

Ness and Fionna bought some colorful shirts, and Alice chose a scarf. I was looking hopelessly for my perfect dress when I saw something white. It was a dress- beautiful and long with exceptional sleeves. I tried it on and stepped out from the closet.

-OMG!- gasped Fionna.- This is the best dress we have seen Today and Maggie, you look stunning!

-I am doubting whether you are a vampire or not! You are too beautiful to be mortal!- said aunt Alice in awe.

Well, she was exaggerating or subjective, like my uncle Edward who was considering my aunt-Bella as the most beautiful creature in the world, when she was just a human.

-Meg, I am amazed, you should wear this dress on uncle Jazz's birthday! Everyone will be looking at you!- Ness seemed excited.

"In which universe will I get everyone's attention while being in room with 8 divinely beautiful vampires and one mesmerizing half-vampire"- thought I, but did not say anything, just chuckled.

Aunt Alice was going to say something, but suddenly the shop owner approached us. She was so amazed with aunt Alice and Renesmee's beauty that she did not even look at Fionna and I.

-What a wonderful day today! Suddenly, all the celebrities and supermodels are interested in my shop! From which company are you?- She asked Alice and Nessie with a wide smile on her face.

-Actually, we are not supermodels, we are just regular customers- said aunt Alice with her musical voice.
I couldn't help but laugh. Word "regular"
was so unusual for Cullens. Even I was not regular.

-Wow, it's strange. I thought you were celebrities too, you remind me of him a lot- the shop owner shrugged.

-Of whom?- asked aunt Alice and I caught a tension in her voice.

-Half an hour ago, an incredibly handsome, blackhaired, pale man went to my shop, I was sure he was a supermodel, everything in him was perfect, I was speechless and just stared at his angelic face. Then I asked him which fashion company he was representing and he told me he was working with various fashion brands.- The shop owner seemed disappointed, she lost a chance to brag with more than one famous customer, but we were not paying attention to her. Aunt Alice, Fee, Renesmee and I quickly exchanged shocked glances and as soon as shop owner left, aunt Alice said:

-Don't panic. Just move usually, like we did not hear a single word she said, we need to reach our cars and stay in public. Meg, you stay behind me, Ness will have your back, Fee, you look on both of her sides.

Of course, among vampire, half-vampire and werewolf I was the most vulnerable target and my safety became top priority.

We did everything exactly like aunt Alice told us, but as soon as we reached parking lot, blackhaired vampire appeared, pale and angelically beautiful as the shop owner correctly described. Aunt Alice stood in front of me protectively, Fionna got ready to change, while Renesmee grabbed me with her arms.

-Who are you and what do you want?- my aunt had a calm, but extremely frightening voice.

-I am here to take her!- he pointed at me. I heard how aunt Alice and Nessie snarled and saw how Fionna fisted her hands.

-Over my pale of ashes!- Aunt Alice was still calm, deadly calm.

-I will give you one more chance! move or you will be moved!

-Try! - Aunt Alice snarled again.

-You don't understand! We don't want to kill her!

-Really? Then why did your friend attack her in the forest? just for fun?- said Fee with a voice full of anger.

-Azzato betrayed us. He was sent there to turn Margaret Cullen into vampire , not to kill, but he was tempted by her delicious, mouthwatering scent.
"Mouthwatering"- this word hit me like an lightning. So it was not some lame boy who left a note in my locker...

-Try to deceive someone else! someone stupid! Now, run and never return, or I will kill you slowly and painfully- my usually sweet aunt Alice was extremely frightening now.

-I am not laying! Believe me, I just want to turn Margaret Cullen into a vampire and this change will bring her glory and happiness.

-This does not make any sense- said Nessie and grabbed my arms even more protectively.

Vampire sighed.
-We were sent to turn Miss Margaret Esme Cullen into the vampire and then bring them to Volturi.

-Volturi? -asked I with a shocked voice and then I told Nessie to let me go.

-Meg, stay where you are!- Fionna glared at me.

-This is about me and I have to know what it is all about!

-Figure it out from where you are!- Aunt Alice told me with such a firm tone that I could not argue with her anymore.

-Miss Cullen speaks the truth. She has every right to know why we were sent to take her to the Volturi. - Then he slowly stepped forward and tried to reach my eyes.

-Miss Margaret Esme Cullen, you have an honor to become a member of the vampire royal family. You have a chance to become a Volturi bride!