The One Where He Leaves

We were at the airport. It was really happening. He was leaving. I'd put this out of my mind for weeks but here we are. I watched him sadly as he pulled his bag toward the check in. This was it. Goodbye.

I barley registered Niall,Liam and Zayn stepping away to let us talk, all I could see were his eyes. His big sad eyes. I never liked it was he was sad, I always thought he was too pretty to cry.

He stepped towards me a pulled me into a hug. Neither of us were crying but we were both close to it. He pulled back and cupped my face in his hands.
"We've said goodbye before, so it stands to reason.." he said looking at me with a small smile.

"We'll say hello again" I answered
There was a moment of calm silence between us.

"I still can't believe you convinced me to watch those shows and read those silly books" I complained
He pouted at me
"Heyyy you enjoyed those books and the movies! Plus you'd never read Harry Potter it was either I make you read them or break up with you" he grumbled.

Our moment of peace was interrupted by his flight being called to board.
He looked at me and a single tear rolled down his cheek. I had to be strong, for him.
" hey your ok, we got this , together remember"
He took a deep breath.
"Together, I love you"
I smiled weakly
"I love you too"

He pulled away, nodded at me then turned and followed Liam towards their plane. I waved until he was out of sight.

As soon as he was gonna I turned to Niall and sobbed.
He held me in his arms as I cried and cried.
"He's gone, he left me"
Niall squeezed me tighter.
"Hey it's ok. He's coming back"
What if he isn't? I asked myself.

No. We could do this. Together.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Ok not sure how I feel about this but I figured I should probably post.
Leave feedback plz 😄